October Challenge

Options
So September was a tough month for most of us, from what I'm hearing. Lets try and buckle down and get just a bit more strict. Loosen up on the junk food/binges, maybe drink more water, and watch our Sodium content more..I'm not saying everyday, start small..then work your way up. I'm trying for starters for this month, to keep my sodium to 2500-3000 and maybe eventually try and keep it under 2500. Look at our struggles, and see what we can do to improve things..see if that helps on the scale some. I know we can do this. November will be the same. I struggled this month, and lost a pound..I know it's something, but for entire month, c'mon..lol I know what I can do better by easing up on the sweets, eat a bit more cleaner..and so on..also drink more water. I suggest you try. Lets make the next 2 months count. Sound good? :happy:

Replies

• rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! I struggle with sodium too!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Yes, September was a struggle for me as well...mostly because of a busy work schedule. It will finally ease up next week. and I can get in extra exercise days. I'm find with the food except at night...I struglle with night snacking and need to get that under control. Let's get it together and have a great October. We can do this!
  • Mechelle1967
    Mechelle1967 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sodium seems to be my nemesis even when I think I am being careful. September was ok for me until I went on my cruise, and of course THAT totally blew my sodium out of the water. Even tho I exercised, ate carefully (for the most part) and drank plenty of water, I still gained. Luckily, I have lost all but a pound or two of what I gained and hope to still hit my September goal.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    September was pretty good for me, but I agree. I watch my sodium intake already, but will make an even stronger effort to keep it below 2500.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Sodium is EVIL!!!!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Sodium is evil! I've cut out the Healthy Choice meals for lunch. They are so convenient, but I really need to eat "real" food. I've been doing that for a week and was down 3+ at my WW weigh-in last night. I'm hoping that is not a fluke and making better choices is the key! :smile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I bombed in September, I actually gained about 10lbs. :sad: And today I hit my starting weight from September 1st. I'm really going to have to bring it to hit my goal for December 1st.
  • stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree that September was a very tough month for me also. I will take in more water and watch my sodium intake also. My weekness is shrimp and it is loaded with sodium. But we all have to make sacrifices. Watch out October her I come. Good luck to all of you. :wink:
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    afraid i dont really watch my sodium at all... but im in on the water intake! i need more water!! x
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I've lost 2.6lb since the September 1 weigh in. It's been slow going but it is going. I'm determined to have a good October! We can do this ladies. Good luck!
  • Yoshima
    Yoshima Posts: 58
    Options
    I've continued logging, and have maintained the 6 lb loss I had in September, but I found out I was pregnant at the end of September. I am, obviously, not going to continue to try to lose weight at this point. BUT will continue to use MFP to track my intake.
    I'm all for this lowering sodium & increasing water intake challenge.

I'm in! :)
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Congratulations...and look forward to you rejoining the challenge after your little one is delivered. Take care of yourself!

I've continued logging, and have maintained the 6 lb loss I had in September, but I found out I was pregnant at the end of September. I am, obviously, not going to continue to try to lose weight at this point. BUT will continue to use MFP to track my intake.

• stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I am so happy for you! :smile: Keep tracking and posting on MFP. Watch your sodium intake and deliver a happy and healthy baby. CONGRATULATIONS.