Someone PLEASE give me verification this is right!?!

Options
Sevio
Sevio Posts: 181 Member
So I know I am most likely beating a dead horse but here it goes:

I need verification from others that this actually works that I am doing this right! I am scaring myself sh*tless that I am not following correctly.

I only began increasing my calories yesterday and this is what I have based on scoobyworkshop.

I am Female 37 years old currently 145.2 lbs and 65 inches in height. My current workout is 60 to 90 minutes per day Cardio/Strength Training/Walking 5 days per week and 60 minutes Zumba on the weekends. So I am guessing that to be Moderate Exercise; I am a cubicle jockey during the week!

So based on this criteria my BMR is 1411; Daily to Maintain 2188, and to lose fat 20% reduction 1750

SO.... does this mean I should be NETTING 1750 everyday? And I can eat exercise calories back AS LONG AS I net 1750??? I know this is the same old questions, but I can't grasp the concept of eating so much. It's great don't get me wrong and I don't want to live like I am on a diet but a way of life...

Please help me!

Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Scooby calculator adds the exercise in for you when you selected moderate exercise. You should eat 1750 every day. Manually set your MFP goal to 1750. If you log your exercise, log it as 1 calorie. This way the net and and food numbers on MFP won't confuse you.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    HOWEVER.....

ALWAYS make sure that sure you are netting your BMR.

TDEE and Cut are averages and some days you may burn more than others.

For you, if your goal is 1750 and your BMR is 1400ish and you burn 4 or 500 calories one day, you would only be netting 1250 and you'd need to eat around 150 more cals to get to your BMR (so ending up with 1900 that day)
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Plus, I think you're in the strenuous category. Even if you only do 60 minutes 6 days a week, you're higher than moderate and some days you're doing 90 minutes.
  • Sevio
    Options
    I did some more research into it using the EM2WL forums and there was one with BMR/TDEE and figuring everything out. It finally made sense to me.
    Thank you!!
    HOWEVER.....

ALWAYS make sure that sure you are netting your BMR.

TDEE and Cut are averages and some days you may burn more than others.

For you, if your goal is 1750 and your BMR is 1400ish and you burn 4 or 500 calories one day, you would only be netting 1250 and you'd need to eat around 150 more cals to get to your BMR (so ending up with 1900 that day)
  • Sevio
    Options
    This is what I do:
    I work out at Curves for 30 minutes M-F. I walk on breaks and lunch at work for an hour total M-F I walk my dog every day for about 20 minutes every day and some Zumba on the Saturday or Sunday with a dog...

Plus, I think you're in the strenuous category. Even if you only do 60 minutes 6 days a week, you're higher than moderate and some days you're doing 90 minutes.
    [/quote]
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you can afford a fitbit, you might want to get one.

For me, it helped me see that I need to eat over 2k. I have the same stats as you I only go to the gym 3x a week, you might actually burn more calories than you think.
  • Sevio
    Options
    I actually do have a Fitbit and have used it since March of this year. It has helped but the last few days it's not syncing properly so I am not even sure my manual adding is enough.