Any one want to do Whole 30 in October 2012?

Options

Replies

• Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I shall try again!!!
    October whole 30!!
    I made it 26 days in july and have tried a number of times but havent gotten past day 12!! Really need to recommit!!
    Count me in!!
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Is anyone planning to subscribe to the daily check ins on the website? (whole life daily)
    https://daily.whole9life.com

I am thinking I will and will set the date to start on the 1st!! Yayy!

Just signed up for it! :D

I signed up for it as well. October 1st!! Here I go :)
  • LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I created the group this morning and invited everyone who seemed interested (hopefully those invites will come through your account, if not feel free to email me or search for us in Groups as Whole 30 for October 2012). I am doing this half awake before my baby wakes up so if I missed anyone it was not intentional!

Officially, the program is 30 days, so that means we can complete it the day before Halloween. Spoken like the true chocoholic that I am! LOL... If some of you want to start early by all means do so. I probably won't have all my shopping done until the weekend, so I plan to start on Monday, October 1st.

I'm really looking forward to trying this again and it looks like we have a great group of people - thanks for participating!

~Liza
  • Merci444
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, Liza. I'm starting Monday. I also signed up to receive the emails from them each day!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I've fallen off the paleo/primal bandwagon hard this past month (I'll spare you my excuses). I'll go search for the group :D
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    For anyone on the fence about doing this... I am currently in day 18, and loving it. I feel great, I've dropped all of my August vacation weight and then some, and I'm not even struggling with the loss of my dark chocolate, bacon, occasional dairy, or protein powder. I'll add those things back sparingly when I'm through, but I'm so glad I decided to do the Whole30!

:)
    Amy
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I would love to do another Whole30 starting in October. Count me in!

I'm actually going to be doing a modified version (much more strict) of the Whole30 for people with Autoimmune Disease (Hashimoto's). It includes the regular Whole30 fare, but excludes eggs, nuts, seeds and seed spices (mustard, cocoa, and coffee), nightshade vegetables (tomato, eggplant, potatoes, peppers), fruit, NSAIDS, and guar gum (legume derivative). So it's pretty much meat and veggies for 30 days. I've never known anybody else who would go to such extreme lengths as I am with this in order to heal my gut flora and feel better. If anybody else is in the same boat with an autoimmune disease, I'd love you along for the ride.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am in! I started whole30 Sept 4 and should be finished Oct 3 but looking back I have had some things that are not legal on plan so I will have a do-over committing 100% Whole 30 compliant for Oct. I have to admit even though I ate some fats and fruits that were off plan I feel amazing!
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can I join late? Im going away to Toronto for a medical conference the first week and there is just no way that I will be on plan to that extent but when I get back I will defiately need a recharge...
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in too!
  • Merci444
    Options
    Yayy, new people!! I am so excited about starting :) Come on over to the group :D
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group!

I'm on Paleo Day-23 and going strong ... having a group is great for keeping me motivated
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    I'm down! I did the same thing you did, OP. I did a Whole30 in August, lost 12 pounds and 3.1% body fat. Then we went to Disney World and September has, overall, been a bust. I usually can keep my diet pretty clean after a W30, but going to DW right after we finished was impossible! haha.

Would anyone be interested in being my buddy for this whole30? We could message each other daily with what we ate that day, etc. ? I do a lot better when I have specific accountability.... if someone is EXPECTING to hear from me, you know? I will say that I don't plan to do a 100% strict whole30 (I drink heavy whipping cream in my coffee every morning and I may or may not weigh myself during this whole30).

Message me if interested in that :)
  • nmg8
    nmg8 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am in!! I just finished reading the book and would love to have some support!
  • Cerebrus189
    Options
    I'm down! I did the same thing you did, OP. I did a Whole30 in August, lost 12 pounds and 3.1% body fat. Then we went to Disney World and September has, overall, been a bust. I usually can keep my diet pretty clean after a W30, but going to DW right after we finished was impossible! haha.

Would anyone be interested in being my buddy for this whole30? We could message each other daily with what we ate that day, etc. ? I do a lot better when I have specific accountability.... if someone is EXPECTING to hear from me, you know? I will say that I don't plan to do a 100% strict whole30 (I drink heavy whipping cream in my coffee every morning and I may or may not weigh myself during this whole30).

Message me if interested in that :)

Blinkinglight,
    I would love to be your buddy. I need accountability too. This Whole30 is going to be a much harder challenge for me this time as I'm taking out some really Paleo-friendly things like nuts, seeds, and ghee. These are like my lifeline.
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of joining, but I would have to have a cheat day for Thanksgiving.....grin.....:)
  • mantisladyx
    Options
    I would love to do another Whole30 starting in October. Count me in!

I'm actually going to be doing a modified version (much more strict) of the Whole30 for people with Autoimmune Disease (Hashimoto's). It includes the regular Whole30 fare, but excludes eggs, nuts, seeds and seed spices (mustard, cocoa, and coffee), nightshade vegetables (tomato, eggplant, potatoes, peppers), fruit, NSAIDS, and guar gum (legume derivative). So it's pretty much meat and veggies for 30 days. I've never known anybody else who would go to such extreme lengths as I am with this in order to heal my gut flora and feel better. If anybody else is in the same boat with an autoimmune disease, I'd love you along for the ride.

oh my gosh........that is almost impossible, but I guess it can be done, but it won't be easy Cerebrus but I'm rooting for you
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea! Count me in!! :))
  • Cerebrus189
    Options
    oh my gosh........that is almost impossible, but I guess it can be done, but it won't be easy Cerebrus but I'm rooting for you

Yep pretty dang difficult. Thanks for the support.

The good thing about going all out, super strict this month, is that I'll never have to do it again if I choose not to. I'll know all of my triggers, even if they were mere suspects beforehand, and can permanently remove anything that remotely makes me feel bad. It doesn't get much stricter than this, unless I was allergic to coconuts or olives, or lacked the digestive enzymes necessary to break down meat.
  • mantisladyx
    Options
    I finished reading the book, and I know I was torn on doing Whole 30 without a total commitment, like sneaking in my butter and taking a break for our Thanksgiving next weekend, so officially........I'm sorry but I will not be joining you guys for this month, if I do it I will do it right or not at all. I will most likely be starting in November or sooner.