Hey all i am new!

Options
Hey everyone i am joining you all in the WLS journey. I began changing my lifestyle in april 2011 and have lost 61lbs to date and have now decided i am ready for gastric bypass. I have my first information meeting oct 3rd and i guess it's a 4-7 month process before surgery. I've also already done all my paperwork and have done referrals, and getting medical records. Would love the support along the way.. i am in NH. I am 28 years old and have 2 kids a 6 year old and a 7 year old.

Replies

• Bleap2013
    Options
    Welcome to the journey! Congratulations on you 61 lbs lose. Thats great!. Keep up the good work. Some days it will feel like you're never going to get a surgery date, but keep your chin up and stick to it. It is so worth the wait. Good luck!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on loosing 61 pounds so far. I had sleeve surgery 6/11/12 and doing great. I started my WLS journey beginning of Feb 2012 and found out I was team approved in April 2012 my insurance paperwork was sent in 4/13/12 and in 2 weeks I was approved by my insurance co for surgery. I waited till June 2012 to have the surgery due to previous work commitments.
    Good luck!
  • _kim68_
    _kim68_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your weight loss so far. I had gastric bypass July 10th 2012 and my daughter is planning on having it done in January. This is a great group of "losers" here! Good luck with your journey!
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    ty so much everyone!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, hope we can be a great support for you while you are on your journey and after.
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the weight loss,we are here for any support you need
  • lovinmamaxo
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I have my first information session in 1 day i am so excited seems like i waited a long time just for this info session 2 weeks lol
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey! Your pre-surgery weight loss is amazing! I am 5 months out having had surgery 5/3/12. I have lost a total of 80 lbs 23 of those were pre-op liquid diet. I feel great and it was the best thing I have ever done. I was a size 26 and am now a 16 :o I have a 4yr old little girl, a 17 yr. old son, and a 12 yr. old step son. I am in Texas! feel free to friend me!
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I too am waiting for surgery. I am waiting for insurance approval for the sleeve. You've done awesome pre surgery, keep up the great work.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • lisa2job
    Options
    welcome !! Your weight loss is awesome thus far. congrats !!!!

I am 1 month post op and got the sleeve.... love it and down 47 lbs... whoo hooo yeah me !!!
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group and congratulations on the pre-surgery loss. WTG!!!
  • lovinmamaxo
    Options
    Thanks all. So update on me.. i have done high protein this past week and i am down from 345 at my nutrtionist the night of the 2nd and this morning i was 337. 8 lbs GONE in 1 week.

On another note got a call from the surgeons office and my initial consult, nutritionist, and exercise physiologist appts are booked! I go for my 1st appt Oct 15th i am super excited. What do they look for when recommending you for surgery? Should i be worried they would turn me away even though i meet all the requirements to have surgery?

I think all of my nutritionist because now i will have 2 will be pleased with my weight loss thus far and proving i can handle this long term.. i have the willpower and strength =)

I am also trying to book on the 15th my 6 week lifestyle change classes *crossing fingers and toes* they are not booked up. How is everyone else doing?