WEEK 3 CHALLENGE!!!!!

Hi guys!!! Here is the Week 3 Challenge video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyz4SZf4z7o&feature=youtu.be

This challenge starts on Thursday 9/27!!!! Like always....make sure you post your progress on this thread.

I had mentioned a website I found to calculate the fruit and veggies needed per day.

Here is the link:

http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/fruitsvegetables/howmany.html

Let me know if you guys have any problems with the video or the link!!! Have a GREAT week 3!!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    My totals are 2 cups of fruit and 3 cups of veggies per day!!! I think I can definately do that!!! :)
  • My recommended totals are: 2 fruit & 2.5 veges!!! Thanks Pam for posting that link. Great information and awesome week 3 challenge. I think it's an excellent idea to incorporate everything we've been doing....didn't realize we were doing that lol. Looking forward to Week 3 results.
  • I am looking forward to do the jumping jacks. Maybe I will do the 100 situps and then do 100 jumping jacks or do it like 25 sit-ups, then 25 jumping jacks until I get to 100.
    I only need to get in 2 cups of fruits and 2.5 cups of veggies. Easily done as I get about 1/2 cup of fruit and a cup of veggie in my breakfast smoothie.
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    For me its 2-fruits and 3-vegetables per day, I love this challenge!
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    I'm 2 fruit and 2.5 veggie..oh I am going to need to get more fruit!!

50 jumping jacks spread out over the day. :)
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Jumping jacks: 60 done:)
    Website said I would need to eat 2 cups of fruit and 2.5 cups of veggies. Ate 2 apples and some carrots.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Thursday 9/27:
    50 jumping jacks

Fruit: 1 apple & 1 banana = 2 cups
    Veggies: Red pepper, String beans 2 cups = 3 cups
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Mine says 2 cups fruits and 2.5 cups veggies per day. Sorry I didnt see this challenge until today so I didnt get my jumping jacks in yesterday. For food I got the following:

Veggies: side salad (mixed veggies), spinach, spaghetti squash, and diced tomatoes. Approx 3 cups of veggies.

Fruit: None :ohwell:

I have my veggies down but I'm not a huge fruit eater (except watermelon). I'll try and add a few more fruits into my diet this week!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Keep it up ladies! You are all doing so well!
  • neon7girl
    Friday- 50 jumping jacks.. 30 break 20 - goal is to do all 50 at a pop.

vegies- 4c.
    fruit 1/2 cup..my cupboard is bare!
  • Hwardle
    50 jumping jacks. 1 cup of fruit and a 1 cup of veggies... I am kind of slacking.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    Friday- Sorry... I got a late start on this week. My computer kept crashing any time I tried to look up this challenge. I finally got to see the video and look up the website. I need 2 c. fruit and 2.5 veg. per day. I did the 50 jumping jacks. I ate 1 serving of fruit and 2 servings of veggies.
  • carrielynn62
    50-jumpng jacks
    3-vegetables
    2-fruits
  • Fruit: 2 servings (1 banana, 1c fruit cocktails)
    Veges: 2 servings (1 red bell pepper, 1 potato)
    Water: 64 oz (8cups)

Jumping Jacks: 50
    Situps: 25
    Crunches: 75

Total calories burned today: 1,163
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Great Site Pam!!

2 cups fruits and 2.5 cups veggies.

50 Jumping Jacks Done
    1 Cup Grapes (fruit) - Short 1
    Asparagus 5 spears, salad (3 cups), raw veggies (1 cup)

Short on fruits but over on veggies. I'm not a big fruit eater...

Didn't check the challenge until tonight. So I didn't do my jumping jacks yesterday.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Friday 9/28:

Did not do my jumping jacks :(

3 veggie servings
    1 fruit
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Great Site Pam!!

2 cups fruits and 2.5 cups veggies.

50 Jumping Jacks Done
    1 Cup Grapes (fruit) - Short 1
    Asparagus 5 spears, salad (3 cups), raw veggies (1 cup)

Short on fruits but over on veggies. I'm not a big fruit eater...

Didn't check the challenge until tonight. So I didn't do my jumping jacks yesterday.

Great job Jen! It is also hard for me to eat the fruit!!! I forget to eat it early in the day! I try not to eat fruit past 2 pm, so I need to get it in early! Today I am going to focus on getting some in for breakfast. Have a GREAT weekend!

Pam :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Everyone is doing a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!! On the road to a HEALTHIER you!!!! Have a fabulous weekend!!!
  • neon7girl
    Saturday.... Did the 50 jumping jacks. Finding that the easiest today.

Fruit- 1 cup
    Veggies 1 cup.

But I did eat 4++ cups of veggies yesterday, lol I was vegged out today.
  • carrielynn62
    50- jumping jacks
    3-vegetables
    4-fruits
  • Sat. Sept 29th:

Fruit: 2 servings (1 banana, 1c fruit cocktails)
    Veges: 0 servings (I'll do better!!)
    Water: 64 oz (8cups)

Jumping Jacks: 50
    Situps: 19
    Crunches: 100
    Squats: 50
    Pushups: 50

Total calories burned today: 1,162
  • I am in the middle of chaos as I prepare for an upcoming surgery (October 10th) and numerous appts for myself and son, as well as so many other unexpected things. I intend to keep doing my part in this challenge but won't be able to post daily right now. I will keep track of all of my totals throughout the week and list my totals at the end of the week in one post if that is okay.

***I should be eating 2 cups of fruit and 2.5 cups of vegetables every day!***
  • fitmom_pam1976
    I am in the middle of chaos as I prepare for an upcoming surgery (October 10th) and numerous appts for myself and son, as well as so many other unexpected things. I intend to keep doing my part in this challenge but won't be able to post daily right now. I will keep track of all of my totals throughout the week and list my totals at the end of the week in one post if that is okay.

***I should be eating 2 cups of fruit and 2.5 cups of vegetables every day!***

No problem April!! Have a great week!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Saturday 9/29:

NO jumping jacks AGAIN!!! I am going to do them in the morning so I do not forget to do them!!!!!!!

2 fruit (apple and kiwi)
    3 veggies (red pepper, tomatoes, and broccoli rabe) I actually thing I went over on the veggies servings! :)
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 651 Member
    I'm 2 fruit and 2.5 veggie..oh I am going to need to get more fruit!!

50 jumping jacks spread out over the day. :)

Me too!! Go Team 3!!

I am so sorry I didn't check this thread until today but wait for it................I just did my jumping jacks!! Whew:wink: Now off for breakfast which will consist of at least one cup of veggies and one cup of fruit

Love ya Pam:flowerforyou:

Cheers,
    Alison
  • Hwardle
    Got in 4 cups of fruits and veggie Saturday!! As well as 55 jumping jacks.
    Sunday, so far so good with the fruit and veggies I have about a cup of each and got in the 50 J.J
  • neon7girl
    Sunday!!

50 JJ..without stopping, thank you very much!

2 fruit, I finally bought some.
    2 1/2 veggies..munching on raw broccoli now.
  • Sun. Sept 30th: Rest Day!!

Be back at it tomorrow....
  • carrielynn62
    50-jumping jacks
    4-wegetables
    1-fruit

Had my daugther and her husband home for the weekend,I did the challenges but didn't log food. I spent as much time as I could with her. I only get to see her once a month and didn't want to be on line. hope you all understand.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    3 fruits, 2 veggies . I did not do the jumping jacks today due to some knee issues.