Is Anyone a recovered ED on here???

Options
NewAngel35
NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
Hi, I am new to this group, I have sent numerous messages to EM2WL...I have terrible thinking around food. I lost weight many years ago ,I had an eating disorder. I did keep the weight off ,after recovery.Only the last 6 months Have let myself go and gained 10lbs.I want to get back to where I was .Has anyone had an eating disorder and changed to this way of life. I would love to here from you. I ate tones yesterday and was no way near my TDEE.I need advise as I am sitting on the fence .It makes sense but it does sound too good too be true. I have watched a lot of the YouTube vids and go on the web site. Need to here from someone like me pls

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few people around here who had/have ED.
    I am one myself.
    You have to be mentally prepared for the journey. It is not an easy way to go, but it is so worth it. I am finally liberated and no longer scared of food and eating.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Me, still learning to cope though :/
  • NewAngel35
    Options
    Thanks. Was starting to think noone was going to answer.I have sent you both freind requests.
  • kels136
    Options
    Hi,

I am a recovering ED. I started my recovery in April 2010 so will be 3 years in April 2013 since I stopped restrict/binge/purge cycles. If you read my story on the EM2WL website you will find out more about me (http://eatmore2weighless.com/kelseys-journey-focusing-on-photos-not-the-scale/ & http://eatmore2weighless.com/i-am-so-glad-i-took-photos-kelseys-update/).

I weighed 7st 10lb in March 2010 at 5ft 6inches that gave me a 17.5 BMI!!!! Massively underweight and my periods stopped. I had no choice but to get help because it was controlling my life!

I now weigh 10st 2lb but I feel 100% better and now I am ready to get down to 9st the healthy way! By eating a LITTLE less and moving a LITTLE more. I am not going to extremes anymore as I want to be the one who is in control and I don’t want my personal value to come from a number anymore! I love my body now more than I ever did when I was “skinny”. I love me and I appreciate what God has given me and now I am on the journey of pampering my body and giving it what it needs to be lean and healthy.

All of my BIG changes came when I joined EM2WL. I think they truly have saved me from ED. If I hadn’t have found them I would have carried on down the route of diet after diet after diet and no doubt gone back to ED thinking it was the only way I could be happy.

I will say one thing. You have to be patient and consistent with this. Like someone said in one of the threads is a mud run…some days you will get dragged down and others you will feel like you are the strongest person alive! But this will change your life for the better :-)

Don’t be scared. My motto is try and fail but never fail to try. xx
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi Angel759
    Yip I do, although like a previous poster, still working on it. In answer to your query though yes I do think this way of eating /exercising can be very beneficial to us. I still have issues but the support and understanding on here is very helpful. It's okay to eat!!! I hope you find the right path for you! :drinker:
  • NewAngel35
    Options
    Hey Moss and Kels. Thanks so much for your posts. It is very encouraging. Kels I am going to read your journey now,I needed to hear from people like myself..Needed to know that it can work.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Count me to the recovered group.

I was bulimic since I was 9 years old. I have been recovered for 4 years.