Help pls

Options
NewAngel35
NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
I know someone already asked this,but I really cannot figure out my activity level. I do not work I work out with cardio at least 6 times a week plus a few hours of resistance training. I also walk about 10 miles a week.Apart from that I sit in the house.So what is my level of activity pls. It is very important I get this right. I do not wish to consume more cals than I have too. I think I am sedintary...????

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sedentary would be not working out at all. How long are your workouts? Is walking 10 miles on top of the workouts? At the very least you are moderate.
  • NewAngel35
    Options
    I dont class a walk a work out although i do map them just to see how fast I walk. walked six miles today in an hour and 30 .I workout 6 times on top of the walks
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    At least moderate. Far from sedentary. Why did you think you should be at a sedentary level? Have you looked at Scooby's site? It gives a good breakdown of activity levels based on varying levels of activity.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Try this: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

How long are your workouts? If you typically walk 6 miles in 90 minutes, that should be counted as a workout. That's pretty fast.
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You should drop the mentality that you do not want to consume more calories then you "have" to. You will be missing the point. You need to feed your body to fuel the effort you are asking it to do. 6 days a week of cardio (how long?) AND a few hours of resistance training AND walking 10 miles a week is A LOT of activity.

Use the Scooby site already given, or check out this spreadsheet if you know how many calories you are burning, try the link to the spreadsheet from this post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

Believe the numbers. If you are eating less then required you will not get the benefits. Food is good and should be enjoyed, not frowned upon. This is not a "diet". You should be enforcing habits that will take you through the rest of your healthy life. You need to eat.
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you're sedentary I need a comatosed activity level! ;-)
  • NewAngel35
    Options
    cos i dont work i find the activity level confusing. I have done the scooby thing.I dont have a desk job. my job is sedentary. yet i work out a lot. I didn't think walking and working out would make up for the other 20hours i do newt.Thanks everyone