Partner Sabotage ?

Options
kskroch
kskroch Posts: 288 Member
ok, what do I do... how do I interpet this... 'Someone' put/left a piece of home made apple pie on top of my berries in the fridge.

I'm home alone until evening... what do I do?

a. quickly put it down the garbage disposal ?
b. just eat it and take the 450 calories...
c. lock the door to the fridge ?

Replies

• bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ignore it knowing that your own dignity and self image is worth more than any piece of pie.

Then rearrange the fridge so that when your partner opens the door the pie falls onto the floor.
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Your will power is a lot more stronger than that piece of pie. Don't let it bother you and if you feel that your diet is being threatened by your partner then talk to him and let him know it isn't good and if he doesn't want to do any dieting the least he can do is respect that you are trying to get in shape. Maybe talking about it will fix it.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a third of it and say thank you, that was yummy
  • kskroch
    Options
    The person who made it is one of his 'little old lady' buddies. I know she makes really good pies complely from scratch with the lard crust and everything... this isn't any old store pie....
  • jerber160
    Options
    The person who made it is one of his 'little old lady' buddies. I know she makes really good pies complely from scratch with the lard crust and everything... this isn't any old store pie....

I repeat... eat some,, say thanks.. then wrap him in a head lock, give him nuggies and tell him to EAT THE PIE!!!
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you completely deny yourself you will feel deprived, which is not a healthy way to life the rest of your life. So, take just one bite, right out of the middle.
  • kskroch
    Options
    Well, I made it! I didn't touch it...

Partner came home and I confronted him with it and he ate it...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'd have eaten it. One piece of pie in your week isn't gonna mess up your weight.
  • pocketmel
    Options
    How do you feel now that you did not eat it? Considering that some people told you to eat some and others not? Had your partner even thought of the fact that the pie was an open invitation for you or did he just shove it in the fridge not realizing the temptetion he left behind in full view?
  • kskroch
    Options
    I'm ok now. But have trouble resisting certain things when if I know they are there and I had to move it to get at my berries. if it were elsewhere I might not have noticed it until later.

He didn't even think about it. Generally he has been good, but still does things like this often enough. He bakes sweets and that is bad for me. We do have a 2nd fridge in the basement that he does 'hide' things in and I normally stay away from.
  • jerber160
    Options
    WOW. good man.. I envy your strength
  • pocketmel
    Options
    Good to hear! Way to go!
  • antonyheaven
    antonyheaven Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I'd have eaten it but that was very well done!