Don't trust my own knowledge, so tell me my TDEE please?

Options
I tend to be a 'by the books' , precise type of person but unfortunately ALWAYS second guess myself. One day I KNOW something to be true, the next i'm only pretty sure. So i'm asking everyone else to tell me what they think my TDEE is and I can take it from there...

I am 28 years old
5'5 (65.5 inches)
Weight 169 lbs
BMR 1560

Those are facts, now heres where it gets tricky...The activity level. This is my typical weekly life:

I work 45 hours per week as a retail manager and as such am definately physically active at work. I dont know how accurate it is, but one day I wore my HRM for a 12 hour shift and burned 1200 calories.
I burn between 350-550 calories 3 times a week at my fitness bootcamp per HRM (this is over in one more week, but plan on keeping up with cal burns)
I do Zumba 1-2 times a week with an average 300 cal burn each time per HRM
And then there are the small random tasks that insert themselves where possible throughout the week like walking my dogs which I never log or track.

These are the figures based on Scooby's calculations:

Moderate level : TDEE 2418
Streneuous : TDEE 2691
More Streneuous: TDEE 2964

I believe I fall somewhere inbetween the last two TDEE #'s. Let me know if I have left out any information. This is very important to me to get right because I came from a VLCD and although do pretty well I fight the erge to go back everyday. Despite the fact that my fitness instructor told me my deficit is still too large (eating 1800-2000 cal a day) after having learned that I havent had my period for 3 months now. But I'm not too sure exactly how much IS enough!

Thanks in advance for any new infomormation/reassurance on this subject :)

Replies

• NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Why dont you just keep increasing by a 100 a week and see how you get on..I am increasing by 100 a day till I get to 1750 then I will increase by 50 per week till I get to TDEE.I dont trust numbers ..I am not average so will need to play it by ear.I think kiki said she increased by 100 a week and took it slowly.So if you are between the 2 numbers you will be able to c ..Hope this helps..We on our journey together :)..You can succeed xx
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    This is a good idea the only problem is that If i do that I may still gain weight because i've been eating too little and it will be a false clue as to if I have reached TDEE or not. I gained 5 lbs going from 1300 to 1900 despite being under and it took 5 weeks for it to come off. Definately something to experiment with though. Thanks for the thoughts, anybody else want to chime in?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    So you think you should be between the two strenuous? I would then take the average of about 2750 and make that your TDEE. Are you going to shoot for a reset?
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Yes Raynn, I am trying to narrow in on my TDEE because I want to reset at the appropriate TDEE (last time I was still too low but didnt realize it and reset at 2100-2200). I will be doing my reset for 2 weeks in conjunction with my vacation (going on a carribean cruise) and hopefully setting my body back to 'normal'. If I feel I need to reset longer I will, but luckily my body gave me a pretty bold sign of no T.O.M for 3 months or I dont think I would have found out that I was still too low!
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If your doing a reset..weight gain will happen!! I'm sorry I struggle every day with this.Yet A life living in ED and under my BMR has worn thin I cant imagine another year of this behavior for myself.I have to expect my body to gain.But the idea that I will loose properly is appealing. hope you r ok x