Howdy! I'm fat, but less fat than before

Options
Good day!

Replies

• GrahamSt
    GrahamSt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey up, I'm also fat, but less than I was.

My vital stats:
    Start weight: 99kg
    Current weight: 91.5kg
    Goal Weight: 88.4 or less ("Healthy" BMI)
    Daily Calories: 1900
  • Jenniper
    Options
    I started 6 days ago, so it makes sense to join you guys!
  • FattBoba
    FattBoba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It would appear I've had an account for a while, must have have got lost in the chocolate fog.

Lets give this a go (again)

Incidentally, have you seen how many calories there are in alcohol? I have been living a lie
  • Tomd303
    Options
    This will be good for me to re-focus. After this bottle of red....

I presume we should be able to see each other's progress/meals/exercise? I need a kick up the *kitten*!

Tom (sc-xc over there)
  • Tomd303
    Options
    ...and this

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

goes without saying ;-)
  • Jenniper
    Options
    Alcohol is scary - I've had 2150 kcal in the last three days alone (it has been a particularly sociable weekend).

The main thing is that you are honest with it all, and counting EVERYTHING!
  • takisawa2
    takisawa2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm fat.
    Need to shift some bulk.
    Thats all.

What time is dinner/lunch/tea/supper/second breakfast/tea & cake ?
  • Jenniper
    Options
    Do we need to "add each other as friends" in order to see our diaries? I'm not sure how it all works.
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    I think diaries are only viewable if you make them public (mine is but I haven't filled out today yet).

Or if you add each other as friends.
  • Tomd303
    Options
    I'm gonna send you all friend requests....feel free to ignore :drinker:
  • wirofeint
    wirofeint Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Been using MFP for a few weeks now - down 3kg so far.

But many more to go...
  • davmel
    davmel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    been using since may,lost 41lb so far :smile:
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    Bloody hell! 41lbs? Good effort davmel
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    30 days in and 5.3kg lost but started weight loss mid July and have lost 7.2kg since then
    First target was lighter than 71.6 kg then below 70kg reached those
    Next target is healthy BMI which is about 66.4kg I think which I'd like to reach 1st week of December
  • davmel
    davmel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Graham, think you loose quicker when you've got a lot to loose, and i had plenty to loose. MFP certainly helps me focus on what to eat and portion size which was a big problem for me. The loss has slowed down a little now but i'm hoping when i'm exercising regularly again the weight loss will remain consistent.
  • paulosoxo
    Options
    I've been quite successful so far, but I'm sticking to two rules, as I think I've got to still enjoy myself a bit, or else I'll sack it off.

1) if I'm in a situation and there's no healthy option. Just live with it and don't worry. I went out for a curry and a few beers last week. It's a one off, there's no point trying to do it healthily.

2) I'm cheating from Friday when I finish work until Sunday breakfast. I've surprised myself that I'm not pigging out on these days.

Anyone else doing similar.
  • FattBoba
    FattBoba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i think as long as you're sensible in your approach then it's all gravy (mmmmm, gravy)

I was mulling it over during dinner tonight, what today has taught me is that you don't have to pig out on bread and crisps. When you think you might be hungry, have a glass of water and see if it passes.

Most importantly though, if you're a good boy then you can fit in a couple of rum and cokes without knackering your limit
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    Mmmmm... crisps!

As someone on STE said most eating is boredom, habit or mistaken thirst.

If you find yourself "hungry" then ask yourself: "Am I hungry enough to eat an apple?"

If the answer is no, then you're not REALLY hungry.

If the answer is yes, then have an apple!! :happy: