Challenge week 1

Options
andreaie
andreaie Posts: 369 Member
so let me start by saying welcome to the christmas challenge :heart: :heart: we have about 11 weeks to lose 14lbs this is very achievable guys and we can do it..
we will be weighing in EVERY monday morning before you get dressed or eat anything..
we are here to support each other so only positive comments please ..
thats it!!
lets get it started in here!!!:devil: :devil:

Fruit and Water are going to have to become your best friends from now on :sad: :sad:

here goes guys challenge number 1.. give it your best shot and if you have any questions just send me a mail... also some of you will notice that these challenges are similar to last years, they worked last year so hopefully they will work this year...

always remember that weight loss is 80% food intake and 20% exercise so even if you cant get the exercise in all the time and you work hard on your food you should still see a loss!! NO EXCUSES

this weeks main challenge is:

Drink ALL 8 glasses of water DAILY!!!!!! (this WILL help)

log ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING you eat and complete your diary DAILY!!!(DONT cheat cause your only fooling yourselves)
i find sometimes if i log it before i eat the junk i tend to feel guilty and cut it down a bit

Cut down on 1 thing that you feel is hindering your weightloss e.g chocolate.. bread.. sweets and replace them with fruit.

try make 1/3 of your dinner plate made up of veg or salad (Also try a smaller plate for portion control)

Exercise at least 6 out of 7 days ( i know it is hard to get out walking in the cold weather so i will post mini challenges for the week so you can do these instead)

keep reminding yourself why your doing this i.e to get into that bikini next year or that little black number for christmas

guys we can do this i Know we can and if we have the right mind frame and all the support from each other there will be no stopping us..

come on here as much as possible because the support is great and will help a lot if your feeling down or feel like giving up...

have a great week and everytime you feel like that bar of choc or sweets remember how GOOD it feels to lose and BAD you feel after that bar of choc... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Charlene_91
    Options
    Nice challenge :)

I'm cutting out takeaways because i still manage to have them in the evening :-0

Thanks Andrea x
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great challenge for the week, feeling really motivated :)

I'm going to cut out bread and crackers - I've definitely been eating way too many of those lately!
  • sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cut out the junk I eat at work, no more cakes or sweets! Also got to try harder to control myself when I get home, most days I do well until I get home and think about dinner. Sometimes I'm so HUNGRY!

Good luck everyone!!
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can only get to the gym twice a week so i need to try harder with the at home exercise. Also need to cut out the junk food at work.

I have made my own vegetable soup for my lunch this week, it should last me 4 days that gets me plenty of veg in.
  • loischapman
    Options
    Andrea, be logging in every day this is awesome thank you so much . i will weigh in tomorrow morn. your a love, great challenges to help get back ontavk
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Hi everyone, I didn't get on the scale this morning so I've entered my last recorded weight on the spreadsheet (about a week ago). Will weigh in tomorrow morning and will alter the spreadsheet if it's any different. I've been doing ok but then weekends have gotten in the way and I've had far far too much alcohol which inevitably leads to far far too much food! In October I have 2 x 10k races, 1 x half marathon and then a 10 mile at the start of November so that in itself is motivation not to drink alcohol for a while (you'd think anyway!!) so that's what Im gona try and do for a while, lay off the booze :drinker:
  • bubbles402
    bubbles402 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

Ive just joined and entered my weight on the spread sheet.

Done my mini challenge - thankyou so much :)

xxx
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think this is a great idea! Unfortunately I know today is going to be a bad day as I am having a curry tonight with my parents (home made so not quite as bad!) but I will be logging it all anyway and then trying to make up for it tomorrow!

Have added my details to the spread sheet.

Nic x
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ok I am giving up chips... this is going to be so hard. I know it will be worth it. Huh I just got new salsa
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Options
    I am all aboard!! I plan to drink that water every day even thou it is the hardest thing for me to do...I dont drink soda I just prefer not to drink anything. I will stop taking any snacks in the evening...I never used to but have started lately when my husband takes some. Mini challenges are great....and I plan to walk my treadmill for 30-40 minutes every day.
  • andreaie
    Options
    how did everyone get on today??? i stayed clear of the choc and i think this is the first day in months ive had none... hope you all had a great day xx
  • Tisch1985
    Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I willl give up everything i want to eat after 8 pm! I did workout today dit the 30day shred L1 D1 and the mini challange. I realy didn't feel like working out but i did it anyway. Did do good on my water. Tomorrow will be a new day and i hope i will do good.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I SHOULD GIVE UP LOL .....but lets see....I will go with pop and chips. ugh....
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    I'm cutting out my bit of Honey candys that I eat every day on the way home from work~Going to really try hard!
  • riceabi
    riceabi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Biggest goal is not eating after 6:30. 7 on a late night (weekend)! Tomorrow is my rest day for C25K but alarm is set to get up and walk at least before work. I know I'll just keep getting more sore the more I relax!! 15 cups of water today (!) so that was good. And completed my mini challenge, although as I was running I was almost talking myself out of it, but after doing my cool down I no longer wanted to cry from running and went ahead and did it.
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had a very bad day yesterday, although I knew it was coming so will be trying to make up for it for the rest of the week!

Nearly 900 cals over! So need to have a 150 deficit each day for the rest of the week if I'm going to even it out.

Today has been a good start but out at someone else's house for tea tonight so hopefully it will be something healthy!

PS. Am new on here and need some more encouraging friends so please add me!
  • bubbles402
    bubbles402 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not a bad day yesterday till my partner turned up and we had dominoes!! Oops.

Im going to try the 5.2 diet, today day 1, but am starving :(

xx
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I did good. I did the mini challenge which took everything out of me after 2 hr of Zumba. I did good on my water and did not touch a chip which was so difficult. I can do this. Once week no chips. I feel great and planning out my meals for today. Having high hopes for the day. Hope all of you guys did well.

Keep up the good work guys. :)
  • andreaie
    Options
    well done guys... for those of you who struggled yesterday just draw a line under it and give yourself 6 great days... i will be good all week i know that now because im nearly finishe day 2 and im feeling positive.. saturday on the other hand is another story we are having a night out with some friends so the will power is really going to be pushed to the limit..

any suggestions that will keep me away from the bad food on saturday are welcome..

NEVER GIVE UP!!
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    I know the feeling about having a bad day yesterday, but today's going well- 5 more hours and i will be sleeping lol.
    Andrea just remember how good you have been through out the week (i no ur going to be gd all week :p) and hopefully that will spur you on, otherwise weigh in on Saturday morning, that's what i will be doing because i always weigh in on a Saturday morning (hope that's ok :I ....)

Come on girls we can do it, let's make sure them scales all move downwards this week :) x