Getting drunk with keto

Options
So anyone know of any drinks I can have that won't take me out of ketosis?? Thanks!!

Replies

• itsedjusted
    Options
    I'd post this in the reddit/r/keto group. I bet you get better answers. But, my limited understanding is this, you can hard alcohols. But, while your body is burning off the alcohol it won't be burning fat.
  • Weeble2005
    Weeble2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So I thought all hard drinks would not. But then I tested myself first the first time while drinking the other day and I went from deep purple to totally out. I was so upset. If it takes a few months of not drinking to see results. I'm all about it.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Whiskey. :D
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't drink, maybe a shot of beer every few weeks at a brewery. However, as stated above, whiskey seems to be the choice for keto. I have done vodka once or twice before on low carb and kept keto, but like anything, in moderation... if it takes you a few drinks to get buzzed, its probably best to skip it for now.
  • drzira
    drzira Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka every weekend (mixed with diet soda). It hasn't been a problem, yet. My normal intake is ~5 drinks per night.
  • SnugNuts
    Options
    zero carb monster and vodka (or everclear if you're crazy enough)
  • Mfarris77
    Options
    I need to go buy some sticks today. I drink once a week, but I drink heavy. I had about 10oz. of Jim Beam last night. I haven't tested at all, but I know I'm in keto because I went through the flu, and am currently in the crazy high clarity/energy phase. Anyone know how long that lasts? LOL, I hope forever!
  • awkwardtuna
    Options
    If you're going to drink, beware of hangovers! I went a little crazy on tequila last Thursday and woke up to the worst 3-day hangover hell possible! I'm 28 and not a stranger to drinking tequila. This totally threw me for a loop.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I never had a hangover til Keto. You lose all your fluid retention abilities on keto, so you have much less water in your system. If you NEED TO GET DRUNK AND NOT HAVE A HANGOVER, just "fall off the wagon" for a night. have a bun on a cheeseburger, get the chicken fried instead of grilled, get french fries instead of broccoli. You'll retain a lot of water and your hangover will be less severe, and you WILL lose the water weight again over the next few days as your body gets back into ketosis.
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often, but here are my faves:

Bourbon + coke zero (or diet rite if you prefer sucralose to aspartame)
    Rum + sprite zero
    Rum + diet orange soda (props to AaronKinnard for that idea!)
    Rockstar sugar free (white can) + vodka. You can do Red Bull zero as well with this, since most bars don't carry Rockstar.

There's some low-carb beer (I think Michelob Ultra) but it's nasty, in my opinion :P

Just make sure you can see the bartender using diet/zero versions of your order, otherwise you might wind up with surprise sugar.
  • vegibowl
    vegibowl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Most people have replied with rum & Diet Coke and whatnot. This is true, however your tolerance level will be much lower. I drank five shots last night and thought I was going to die this morning. ;o)
  • meadow_lily
    Options
    there are plenty of low/no carb drinks but your body will burn alcohol off before fat even in keto
  • tristinlthompson
    Options
    I really like making drinks with crystal light, water, and plain vodka.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Most people have replied with rum & Diet Coke and whatnot. This is true, however your tolerance level will be much lower. I drank five shots last night and thought I was going to die this morning. ;o)

Good god, what was your tolerance level before? 5 shots is an absolute ton of alcohol to me...I would have a wicked hangover at 3-4, keto or no.