Whitebait!

Options
Has anyone ever logged whitebait before? I doubt it has too many calories. What would you log about half a cup of whitebait as?

Replies

• newcl360
    newcl360 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I found this online, hope it helps!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/generic-whitebait-6666702

I love whitebait as well!

:)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I added whitebait to the database not long ago, it's the frozen Asian stuff though.

Shore Mariner brand. I imagine it'd be similar food value though if you're talking fresh.

It's super low in calories! I do my fritters with just whitebait and eggs, and dry-fry them in a non-stick pan. Yum yum yum.
  • wazzanz
    wazzanz Posts: 78
    Options
    I'D say the calories come from the eggs and butter. only way to cook it.... not oil and def no flour!
  • TrishB1954
    Options
    You are making me so jealous - just the thought of whitebait is making my mouth water. When looking at the calorie counts bear in mind that whitebait means different things in different parts of the world. Here in the UK whitebait is a small fish about the size of a sardine. Sardines in the UK are much bigger & what Kiwis refer to as sardines are called sild over here. At least that's the way I have found it. But the thought of proper Kiwi whitebait .... yum yum!!!