Sipping

Options
Just curious, I am 5 weeks out and as I was sipping some iced coffee (homemade) tonight I wondered will we always sip the rest of our lives or will there come a time where we can just drink normally (not gulping or anything like that)?

Replies

• imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I am 10 months out and I drink normally :-) Things will get better and easier! :-)
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am banded, 8 months out, and I drink normally.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm about five weeks out too, RNY, and I find the drinking restrictions more difficult than those for eating. I have to constantly stop myself from drinking too fast. Not drinking before, during or after meals is also hard, but I'm told that's something I'll always need to follow.
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    6 months out and drink pretty normally..... there have been times when I have drank water too fast....and gotten some gas, but it passes.
  • smokeywolf57
    Options
    I had RNY 5-9-12 and I have been drinking fairly normal for the last 2 months.

the only thing I wont do is drive any where with out a drink. where ever I go my drink goes with me or I get sick
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    RNY, I am 4 1/2 months out but I was drinking water pretty normal at 2 1/2 months and I can chug 4 oz of liquid pretty easy now. I do this with my shakes so I don't have to taste them :P
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just today I noticed I am taking slightly larger drinks than a sip at a time. I found another forum where some of the posters were saying they never felt like they only had to sip, or only did for a very short time, and then began drinking fairly normally.