Completed C25K and first 5k event!

Options
kadinlucas
kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
Hey,
Completed the program on 19th September (my birthday), with 30minute run. However I don't think I actually did 5km.
Then on 30th September I did a Surf to Surf at Mt Maunganui, New Zealand and my official time for the 5km run was 29:26.
Stoked with getting in under 30!

The C25K program is really awesome, glad I did it.

Replies

• LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome time for a first event too, hope you celebrated the achievement! Have you set yourself a new target? 10K, half marathon?
  • DeeDee1066
    DeeDee1066 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just did my first 30 min run on my C25k program. was close to 5k. Got my first race in 2 weeks.

Were you nervous? How was the crowd? Did you have any head games you had to battle while running?
  • katrinas626
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just did my first 30 min run on my C25k program. was close to 5k. Got my first race in 2 weeks.

Were you nervous? How was the crowd? Did you have any head games you had to battle while running?

I think I was a bit nervous before hand but nothing major. I actually found the event race easier than the running program just because there are so many other people running it gives you motivation to keep going. Hardest part was not running to fast at the start (this race had first ~500m on sand as well...) I was running out of gas at one stage and someone ran past me and said "its only round the corner", which I really needed, so am very thankful to them for making me get in under 30mins.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Congrats!!! I finished week 6 this AM! Love it!!

We also share the same birthday!!!