Welcome :) Up for October Challenge?

Options
Hi there! So pleased to get the first two members :)

Please introduce yourselves, and share what kind of exercise you do - how many times per week you do it - as well as how many minutes you think you could increase?

Right now, I workout 5 times a week - 60 minutes per workout - and alternate between swimming, Aerobics at home, walking, and the gym (combinaton of Elliptical and Stationary Bike). but i ALWAYS do 60 minutes.

I am thinking of raising it to 65 minutes, (five minute increase?)
What do you think?

Ayesha

Replies

• horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    hi my name is mary!!!!
    i do all sorts of things for exercise walk, ride bike, tread mill!!! i do about 20 mintues a day and around 5-6x week.
    i will increase to 30 mintues a exercise
  • AyeshaNewaz
    AyeshaNewaz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mary, a 10 minute increase per session sounds great! So what are you waiting for? Go for it.... Today is 29 September so start from 1 October... get urself mentally used to the idea of the increase - it will seep into ur unconscious level n u will be able to take the increase better... best of luck :) please report your progress again the same time next week - record how many minutes you were able to increase per day... no biggie if u dont make it 100% whatever increase u can manage will benefit ur body n prevent a plateau :)
  • dc729
    dc729 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Debbie and I just signed up for MFP on Wednesday. Before Wednesday I never exercised at all.....so I guess any amount of time would be an increase for me to start. This past week, I've been doing Bob Harper DVD's at home. I"m trying for every day, but we will see how my body adjusts. :)
  • aisha594
    aisha594 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Aisha. Unfortunately I have stopped exercising as much and as often as I used to because of study..I'm starting this week with 20 minutes of exercise 4 times a week, then 5 minutes extra each week!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Great group idea! My name is Sophia and I work out 4 times a week in the gym at 45 minutes each. I usually try to mix it up with the bike, elliptical, and a CrossWalk class where we walk around the city and do some strength exercises when we stop. On Saturdays I play volleyball for 2-3 hours which I've come to LOVE.

I currently take two full days off from exercise which are usually Wednesdays and Sundays but my goal is to get some kind of activity in on Wednesdays. I use the gym at work and since I work from home on Wednesdays I use it as an excuse not to do anything that day. Starting next Wednesday I will attempt to walk at least 20 minutes and do 10 minutes of strength exercises.

Good luck everyone!
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm Lisa and I've been increasing my exercise goal when I get comfortable with what I'm doing. Currently I'm exercising enough to burn at least 500 calories each day. Prior to September 1st, I was doing the same at the 400 calorie level. When I get comfortable with the 500 calories, I'll up it again. There are many a night that I realize I have to get off of my duff and do some more exercising to reach my goal. I hate it, but I do it. This is too important to me. I do a variety of exercises. They're all kind to a hip I have to baby. Calisthenics have done an amazing job for me! I have built so much muscle and toned up and "reconfigured" my body. It's amazing! It's low impact and amazingly useful.
  • LauraBruggner
    Options
    Hi My name is Laura. I joined myfitnesspal today! Yay me!! I have never had to workout before. After having my second child 10 years after my first, my body did not bounce back like it did with the first.

I have no clue what I'm doing!!! I started walking but nothing consisent, some days its 2.85 others its 6.33. I am not seeing any results as of yet. so I am going to add 30 minutes of aerobics 5 days a week. Wish me luck!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Verna. I joined MFP back in May 2011 but was never serious about it and gave up until September of this year. I've committed myself to eating healthy and exercise and losing the weight once and for all. I work out 5 times a week. I do kickboxing, jump rope, hip-hop and tae bo. I recently added strength training (squats, crunches and push-ups). My goal is to do at least 1000 cal burn a day and add 30 minutes. Good luck to all of us!
  • AyeshaNewaz
    Options
    Thanks guys for sharing your exercise stats, and for participating in the challenge. Remember that this will only benefit YOU and YOUR BODY. it is healthy competition, but your main competitor is YOURSELF. the important thing is to TRY AND TRY, it doesnt matter if u fail, we will have a fresh challenge in November.
    Now that i have your stats, please REPORT about how you are getting on with the challenge between 7th October and 9th October (any day/time between these three days.) So that will be roughly a week from now. when you report, state how many minutes you were able to do, how many minutes you had planned to increase and how many minutes you have been able to increase.

BEST OF LUCK! CHEERS!!
  • AyeshaNewaz
    Options
    NEW MEMBERS: if you haven't already introduced yourself, and told us about your current exercise stats n goals - please do it now. thanks :)

Best
    Ayesha
  • Esther50
    Options
    Sorry so late, but hi everyone. My name is Esther.
    I exercise five days a week, 45 minutes. I am going to increase minutes on my five days, anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. And also try to get in some weekend workouts. Something I am not into yet.
    Good luck everyone!
  • AyeshaNewaz
    Options
    No worries Esther, it is never too late as long as we do it :) cheers. xoxox
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Theresa and I did Insanity and ran, just got married so didn't do alot last week. Getting ready to back to it not sure what yet I want to do 6week 6pack but have not purchased it yet. Also want to increase running.
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Lisa. I do Turbo fire which is about 55 minutes per workout. I can raise it to 60 min by doing something such as dancing, walking, or aerobics to get 60 min each time. I'm excited for this challenge.
  • haleyyh3
    Options
    This is my second group to join. The first is 30 lbs in four months. So both groups together are great. yay !!!!!!!!!!

My goal for this mth is 6 lbs and 10 to 15 min a day of some kind of exercise !!!!!!!!!!
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nicole, and i currently work out 3-4 days per week. i think im going to increase it to five days, but for the most part i do a minimum of 45 mins per workout sometimes more depends on the days. Right now i am zoing zumba and hip/hop abs at my local gym. Last week i started taking a cardiofit class. Sometimes i do the stationary bike, and the elliptical as well, and on occassion when i make time i do strength training. My goal is to increas my exercise by an extra day to make it at least five days.