Introduce your self

Options
My name is Aimee and I LOVE Hawaii! My husband grew up there and last year we went to Kona (his hometown) and Kauai and I fell in love. I go to sleep every night thinking of Kona. I miss it so much. I have only been a few times but long to go back. We hope to move there one day. I just wanted a place to share my love for the Islands, the culture and beauty of the islands. Enjoy!

Replies

• Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My name is Dana and my husband and I traveled to Hawaii 2 years ago and became instantly captivated. We rented a beach house on the North Shore of Oahu because we wanted to see the big waves in winter. We were not disappointed. We realized that we have never been more relaxed and content than when we were at our beach house staring out at the ocean. We could see surfers, sea turtles, and even the occasional humpback whale breaching. Such an amazing sight. We sort of felt like we should leave and explore more of the island, so we literally forced ourselves each day to take a little drive. We always saw something beautiful, but nothing could beat the laid back relaxation of our beach house. When I reach my weight loss goal, we are going back!
  • gnb4hi
    gnb4hi Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow Dana! and the good news is it looks like your half way to your goal..... that means HALF WAY TO HAWAII!!!! I have never been to Oahu but I really want to go. It is tough to make it to that island because we love so much the Big Island and my husband feels so at home there... but maybe in a few years we will make a special trip just for Oahu. We are hoping to take my kids to Kona next September. But they have to really work on their swim skills.... LOL. Thanks for posting. I will try to post a new topic weekly and keep you motivated and energized. When Hawaii is the goal how can you not be motivated!
  • ilysejohnson
    ilysejohnson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Aloha all! My name is Ilyse, 56 years old, living in Virginia. I lived in Honolulu in 1979, and have spent the better part of my life wishing that I never left! I am obsessed with all things Hawaiian, so I was happy to see this group on here. After living there in 1979, I've only been back once, and that was in 2005. I am hoping to go back next year, but don't have any specific plans to do so.

As for weight loss, I'm struggling to get back on the wagon, so to speak. Today is my first day back. I gained 3 pounds during my month hiatus, so definitely need to reverse that and forge ahead.

Feel free to ask me anything - my life is an open book, and I hope to get to know everyone well!

Ilyse
  • gnb4hi
    gnb4hi Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow! You are so lucky to have lived in Hawaii! And welcome back to the wagon. What is the number one thing you miss about Hawaii_?