***DAY ONE*****

Options
ismiseciara
ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
I know some people on here have already started the 30DS , but seems as though today is the official starting day I thought it would be nice for people to share how they got on with day one :)

DAY ONE

I knew it would be tough but Jill made jump jack seem hard haha :) though i was surprised even though i felt even move , how quick it went ...and in the end i enjoyed it really :)

I am STILL waiting on my weights to arrive so i had to improvise using 2 1ltr water bottles ..at first i thought this wont work , but i never thought i would think water bottles were so heavy after the first round of strength (i have no arm strength whatsoever) .

Replies

• jessjphillips
    jessjphillips Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Day one complete :) My weights are a tiny bit heavier than what I've used previously so that was challenging. The arm strength exercises are the hardest for me but hopefully by the end of this level I'll be able to complete all the exercises. Hope everyone got off to a good start :)
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First day done!! My gosh, Jillian kicked my butt harder than I thought, didn't realize how out of shape I really was. Had to take a couple of breaks but I did feel the burn and I broke a sweat.

Not looking forward to tomorrow, lol.
  • jenbreeze72
    jenbreeze72 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 1. I wish I had remembered to put on my HRM! I'm going to have to keep it right next to my hand weights from now on! Lee716, I feel the same way. I just got back from a weekend hiking trip and thought I'd be OK, but her workout makes me realize just how out of shape I am. Can't wait for the end of the week, when it starts feeling easier!
  • xoTammyox
    xoTammyox Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    All done for today . . YAY! It was actually easier than I thought it would be. I'm sure as the days and weeks progress it will get harder. Oh and I love, what is her name, the female wearing the green outfit? . . Anita, I dunno anyway, I love her abs.
  • mysweetsurrender
    mysweetsurrender Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Day on is done. Twenty-nine to go. LOL

I just kept thinking it's only 20 minutes, I can do this. It really went by faster than I thought and was much easier. I started out with 2 lbs weights, I think that why I found it so easy. Great weight size for starter though. Guess I am going to have to step it up with my 3 or 4 lb hand weights tomorrow.

@ jenbreeze72 and lee716 just keep at it and before you know it you'll look forward to working out each day.

Oh, did I mention I really dislike Jumping Jacks and Leg Lunges. ;P

8347518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me, since I started on Sat. After 2 days, I know it is working. My chest, arms, abs and legs are sore!
    It is kicking my butt, but Im glad, as I am excited to see the end results:)
    Good luck to all of us!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Day one is down. I haven't done any upper body exercises for about 10 years. I started with 1 pound weights and won't be changing anytime soon. I will see results without killing myself! LOL I can up my weights next go round.
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I knocked out day 1 early this morning while kids was getting ready for school. Im using 3 lbs dumbbells ugh n jillian is my new best friend/enemy. I have done this in the past but didnt stick with it but this time im determine so 29 more days to go. I feel great after doing it n it went by really fast. I dislike the arms n jumping jacks haha but come on day 2 im so ready GREAT JOB EVERYONE KEEP AT IT
  • goofy1975
    Options
    Day one of the 30-day shred... very easy, I'm used to doing Jillian's dvd, but looking forward to tomorrow. :smile:
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    L1D1 done. I did this DVD a few months ago and had great results, which I've undone...Trying again and hope to hold on to my success a little better this time. I've only kept track of lbs. so far and thought I'd track my measurements this time for greater motivation.

Height: 5'5"
    Starting Weight: 153
    Hips: 38"
    Waist: 30.5"
    Bust: 38"
    Bicep: 12.5"
    Thigh: 21.5"
    Calf: 15.5"

I'll be weighing in and measuring on Mondays, any one else want to document their success?
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Day one complete. When I get home I am going to measure and post for everything.

I'm 5'1 and 117lbs.
  • ADDiCTiONNx812
    ADDiCTiONNx812 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day ones done :) Easier than i thought it would be. but my arms took a toll. Changed up weight amounts with different ones between 3-10lbs depending on comfort level. Good day of clean eating so far too :) Hope it's going well for everyone!

I'm 5'1 and right now about 137 lbs. I weighed myself today and will not be weighing until the end of the month. Though i will be measuring at the beginning of each level.

Simple Stats:
    Hips: 36 inches.
    Bicep: 11.5 in.
    Thigh: 22 in.
    Calf: 12.5 in.
  • ADDiCTiONNx812
    ADDiCTiONNx812 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    P.S. i hate pushups ....
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For everyone who had an easy first day...Bite Me! LOL j/k of course! You are my inspiration. Sometime soon it will be me! Just got to get to that point. I've got to start somewhere and this is my start. Well this and the c25k which I'm working on as well. Keep it up everyone. We're 3% of the way done!
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    the hardest part for me is when we do side lunges and have to hold the weights straight out in front and raise them to our shoulders or eye level (I don't remember which one) ! i ended up doing a couple of bicep curls then going back to it!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS earlier in the Spring and had good results. I did a lot of the modified positions, but plan to do most of the advance positions/movements this round. I'll take measurements this evening and do D1L1. I intend to post my losses (hopefully) every Monday evening. Good luck everyone.
  • womanwithamission
    womanwithamission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been looking forward to starting...what was I thinking? Maybe that I was in better shape? I love feeling sore, it means I'm doing something.
  • CrazyKylie
    Options
    Hello! I just joined this group and just finished my day 1 workout. I had a hard time with the push ups- my knees were really hurting even though I used a mat. Plus my dog was lying on half of my mat and she wouldn't move lol! But it was a good workout, I liked it. :happy:
  • jogo8995
    jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This was the first time I have ever done this. I thought it was HARD. I can barely do one push up so I did the modified. I didn't even use weights and concentrated on getting the form right. Even my own arms feel heavy! I don't want to hurt my knees. My abs are talking to me. I think I haven't done a jumping jack in years!
  • amber_arend
    Options
    I have done the shred on and off a few times...but never actually finished 30 days straight. I joined a biggest loser contest, and I am determined to complete the shred this time through. :) So, today was day one on level one, and it hurt! I walked 3 miles before doing the shred, so that may have been another reason my legs were not wanting to play along. Anyway, I will be back at it tomorrow. Can't wait to finally drop this weight and look good again! Good luck ladies!