It’s Time for Christians to Take a Stand

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
I wrote a blog yesterday and posted it on Facebook. I thought I would share it on here, as well. I'm sure I'm speaking to the choir here, though. :laugh:

“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

This verse is clear. If we seek God, and follow His commands, He will forgive our undeniable sin and heal our land – He will heal our nation. I believe most of us can agree that this is what our land needs. As it is now, this great nation has too much poverty, uncleanness, idolatry, selfishness, and overall crime within our borders. America needs healing. America needs a spiritual awakening – before it’s too late.

In my short life, I do not remember a time in which America has been as divided among itself as it is now. As Jesus says, in Luke 11:17, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls”. This country is falling. It is being destroyed from the inside out, and most of us are too apathetic and / or asleep to know what is going on around us. It is time for a change. And, I’m not talking about the kind of change Obama promised in 2008. I’m also not talking about moving “Forward”, as he’s chanting this year. What we need is a complete Christian restoration. We need to hit reverse, and go back to our Christian principles – the principles this country was founded upon. The only principles that will allow this country to continue to grow and prosper for our future generations.

According to Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”. As I write this, America is being destroyed from a lack of knowledge. We act as if we are more comfortable in keeping our eyes closed. We pretend everything is perfect, when it is clearly not. We refuse to educate ourselves, and then refuse to take a stand – to protect our freedoms and, most importantly, to protect the next generation. The world today scares me. However, in all honesty, it does not scare me half as much as knowing what today’s children will suffer when they are my age – only as old as 28 years. They are the real ones that will suffer. I’m afraid that, by the time they are grown, they will not even know Jesus. As it is now, He is being forced out of our schools and out of our government. I still have memories of standing for the Pledge of Allegiance, and having “Moments of Silence”. However, what will the children of today have? Right now, they aren’t allowed this luxury. If Obama and the rest of liberal America get their way, there will be no mention of God anywhere.

As I stated at the beginning, it is time for real change. Right now, as a country, America has lost its path to God. We have completely turned away from God. We have forgotten what makes this nation great, and we have allowed others to creep into our land and pollute our values. We need to reverse our steps, and find the right path again – the path that will lead to wisdom and unending treasure. It’s not too late. The Bible repeatedly points out what will happen if we turn from God. However, as many times as it does this, it also points out what will happen if we turn back to God. In Deuteronomy 28 – 29, we are told what will happen to our land during times of unbelief. Deuteronomy 30, however, gives us a glimpse of the rewards we will have in returning to God – as does I John 1:9 and many other passages within God’s word.

This country’s election is fast approaching. November 6th is only 6 short weeks away. You may think your vote doesn’t count. (I assure you that it does count.) You may think you don’t like either of the main candidates we have. (Personally, Romney wasn’t my first choice.) You may not care about politics at all. Whatever your beliefs, though, please get out and vote. If you care about this country at all, please vote. If you’re unhappy with the unfair taxes and / or lack of freedoms, please vote. If, somehow, you are still happy with this country’s situation, please vote. We need every vote. In voting, though, please vote based on your values. Vote based on who you believe will more closely stand for what you believe to be true – be it God’s word or not. Do not vote based on how other’s told you to vote. Do not vote based on what your parents believe. And, most importantly, do not vote based only on your wallet. Get out. Educate yourselves. Read every article you can find on both candidates. Do not just listen to the media – because, they will twist it to suit their own needs. Vote based on your beliefs – your values. VOTE YOUR FAITH!!!! I will. Will you?

Replies

• marmalade628
    marmalade628 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amber for your thoughts. They are how I feel also. I just read on the blaze and heard a speech from a pastor that has gotten me fired up. It would like to share the internet url for that if I can, it is:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pastor-offers-fiery-rebuke-of-fellow-blacks-end-your-slavish-devotion-to-the-democrat-party/

It is not only for Blacks or Jews as he said in the video, but for ALL AMERICANS. We all need to stand for what we believe, Christianity, and if we don't, if we just sit back and let those that tear down Christianity to continue to do so then we are just like them and we are not standing for our belief in Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

Again Amber thank you for your thoughts and I agree and will not stand by and let those people trample on my values but will stand with those that know that we do need to change, we do need to help our fellow neighbor, and we do need to stand today to keep our freedoms that we enjoy. If we do not do this now, today, then we will all fail.

Marmalade6
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    So true. Thanks for posting. Has anyone read The Harbinger? It is a fictional book with real examples. It shows the connection between Bible occurances and Sept 11.
  • Kristy713ckm
    Kristy713ckm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    AGREED AGREED. Well Said.
  • familyof9
    Options
    I am so charged after reading your most wonderful blog. I have been hearing these same messages from our Pastor at our Catholic Church. I am so disillisioned by the many Catholics who have not only been cradle-catholics but also cradle-democrats. We have lost many in the congregation and all I can say is KUDOS to Father John for bringing the message to the pews. This needs to happen in every church, in every home, in all communities. I have never been so frightened with the everyday news I hear about the course of this great nation. We need to speak up each and every day and not be afraid to state the TRUTH. We need to pray.We need to fast. These are desperate days, we need to act.

May the Lord empower us and grace us with His wisdom! May He fill our tongues to speak the TRUTH. May he open the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf. May He not allow His children to be destroyed by those that seek to destroy His foundation. May He give us the strength and the fortitude for the spiritual battle WE ARE IN TODAY! May He cover this great country with His mighty protection and give fear to all our enemies, not because we are great, but because they will see Him beside us.

Thank you for your love and your brave words! Keep it going! Stand firm!

God love ya,
    your friend Mabel (familyof9):smile: (we need a patriotic smile added to the smileys)