Started this week - 8/20/12

Options
cecimaguina
cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
Hi! I am so proud of myself for doing this! I started the JMBR on Monday and decided to go all the way and do the kickstart plan with the meal plan to really take advantage of the program.
Today is Thursday (W1 is almost over) and I gotta say the workouts are great and she really pushes you, the Cardio 1 is great too, not too fan of the Walking Man at all!! I can't even finish it, I have to stop at some point and a second breath and keep going...that one is killing me! Overall is great and can't wait to continue with the other phases.

About the Kickstart and double workouts a day, is a sacrifice. The fact I have to wake up at 5:30am to do the routine is challenging but I'm doing it and go back home after a full day of work and do the other routine could be tiring but I'm sticking to it too!

So far (and because I'm addicted to the scale) I've lost 2.4lbs so far in the 1st week (and it's not even over yet)!! That's what's keep me going! I'm following her kickstart meal plan; and it wasn't too hard to do.

I wen to the grocery store and got a few ingredients I was missing and the proteins (I got salmon, ground turkey and meat). I did 1 recipe for lunch and 1 for dinner (each is 4 servings), so 4 days of no cooking!! I don't mind to freeze food or even eat the same thing for a couple of days so this is working fine. Besides I didn't spend too much either as some of the ingredients I already had at home.
For breakfast I'm doing the egg/avocado/tomato but decided to take off the avocado, so just an egg scrambled (no oil) with a whole tomato and a bit of sea salt is perfect for me until lunch.

I've noticed that pretty much she keeps you at 1200cal intake daily and with 1 routine you will burn 300cal aproximately - the thing is that those 300cal for workout are NOT back for you to eat them! We should stick to the 1200cal, do some fat burning exercise and close the day!! I think that's the trick to lose the weight. If you want to only give some definition and get ripped then I guess you can eat those workout calories.

Anyway, I'll let you know of my progress. This is exciting!!!

Replies

• cecimaguina
    Options
    Phase 1 Week 1: COMPLETED!!

Because Tropical Storm Isaac came our way, I had to move to my mom's house from Saturday night to Monday morning! I finished with all my workouts from the kickstart week and ate good...until Sunday! That rest day really killed me! I had to stay inside my mom's house until the storm passed and she has a cabinet full of sweets! I gave in, I simply cound't resist. I snack on everything I avoided this week. OMG! That's the reason why I don't buy that stuff at home....because I'll eat it all!

Anyway, today is another day. I already started Week 2 yesterday and stayed within my calorie allowance and did my workout. I do have to say, I feel weird for not doing 2 a day; so since yesterday I came back home and unpack and cleaned and got ready for today I only had time to do my 1 workout, but starting today what I want to do is 1 BR in the morning and in the evening run at least 20min - that way I incorporate a cardio every day besides the BR. Good plan! Let's stick to it now and check the scale again on Monday!

We had just confirmed our Thanksgiving vacation getaway to Punta Cana!! I'm so excited!! and I really want to loose at least 25lbs by Nov. 17th!! That's my new goal: 150lbs by my trip. Exactly 2.1 lbs a week! I can do this!!!!

Last week I lost 1.8lbs which I think it was a bit more, just that it's been so long since my last weigh-in (probably 6 weeks) and pounds coming and going. So I can say in 7 days with JMBR I lost 3lbs.....not bad for only 7 days and cheating on Sunday!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! I know what you mean about not buying junk! I had to stop buying rice crispie treats for my children because I ate them. Hang in there!!! I got to week 6, then stopped, so I am doing workouts 3 and 4 this week, then going back to 5 and 6 next week. I'm eager to hear how your progress goes. My first goal is 140...hopefully by Christmas....
  • cecimaguina
    Options
    PHASE 1:COMPLETED!
    Officially starting Phase 2 tonight.

OMG! I'm so excited yet nervous at the same time. I have no idea how intense the workouts are going to be, but I'm so proud of myself for really sticking to this.

I'm currently at 172lbs - a 5lbs loss in 4 weeks. Not bad. And not only the weight has changed, I also noticed definition in my arms and my tummy has definitely lifted up a bit. I have 2 c-sections (from both of my daughters) and there has always been tummy "covering" the scar....not anymore! I know it may sound awful but to me being able to look in the mirror and see my scar without pulling my tummy up is incredible!!
    My daughter (she's only 6 years old) tells me I'm now stronger than daddy - too cute!

Some workouts I really enjoy, like Cardio 1 and arms and glutes....but also hated "running man" and "suicides"!
    I hope to loose at a faster pace now that the workouts should be more intense and now that just last week I think I found my "perfect point of calories a day". Well see, but I'm defnitely excited to keep going and discover what else I'm able to accomplish and how good I can look!
  • cecimaguina
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! I know what you mean about not buying junk! I had to stop buying rice crispie treats for my children because I ate them. Hang in there!!! I got to week 6, then stopped, so I am doing workouts 3 and 4 this week, then going back to 5 and 6 next week. I'm eager to hear how your progress goes. My first goal is 140...hopefully by Christmas....

Good for you! and thanks for your support!
    I'm really enjoying the program and so far the progress and changes I've noticed are so worth it and incredible at the same time. Every time I can I look at all the success stories posted here from BR and the pictures I've seen are amazing! I wish to post and get those reactions one day - that's what keeps me going.....look great, feel great, being able to go to any store and buy whatever I want and not think how I would look in them, or if they'll fit.
    You'll get there, you'll see. Just stick to it, be strong and think that there's no rice crispie in the whole world that will make you feel as great as we do when you step in the scale and it has dropped!! That's the best feeling ever!
    Best of luck!
  • cecimaguina
    Options
    PHASE 2, WEEK 5 & 6: COMPLETED!

I'm fascinated with the results I'm seeing, I've lost 7.4lbs during these 6 weeks of BR program but aside from the scale, is incredible how much your body can adapt and get used to exercise like that every day! I've never ever done it, and now I'd feel guilty if I don't do it. I've not missed one single day and I feel so proud for it! The fact that I'm able to finish the 30min is amazing to me!

There are definitely workouts I enjoy better than others and some are easier than others, but overall having to finish dripping in sweat is great! step into the scale on Monday morning and notice I've lost weight (whatever number) is a great feeling!!

I went shopping yesterday and for the first time in a long time I bought shorts! I don't wear shorts (even during summer) because it's a very hard reality check to wear a size 18 shorts and look horrible!!! Why would I do it?? much rather hide whatever I can behind a big pair of size 18 jeans!!!!!!!!!!! ......I got a nice pair of size 10 shorts and a matching size M t-shirt!!! Such a good feeling!
    I know people always say "sizes are not important", and it might be true BUT when you have so much to lose the discussion about muscle weights more than fat is interesting and true but at the same time I think with that much overweight you MUST lose weight and get smaller in your pant sizes BEFORE your muscles start to weight more, right?? I mean, there's no way my muscles will prevent me from loosing all the fat I've accumulated all around!! So to me my pant size is important (at least it is now), it's a clear indication I'm going in the right direction and walking into a store and being able to just grab something and choose what I like instead of what the piece I can actually buttom up.....is great!

I'm taking pictures of my progress with the BR only and promise to put them up when I finish with the entire program.
    I've become a fan of Jillian, how she motivates people and the way she runs her routines are excellent. Can't wait to see her in the Biggest Losser soon!