Challenge for week of Oct 1 through Oct 7

Options
In one of my other groups a member suggested something for our daily challenge that I would like to use here. I asked and she said it would be fine to use. Her suggestion was that we do some type of movement while we wait for the microwave, etc. so this week here it is:

Move, move move. If you microwave something do a few squats while waiting for it or march in place, etc.
Waiting in line at the store, sway back and forth, who cares if someone sees you.

Sitting at your computer get up every 10 minutes and walk around or just shake your arms and your legs or even just march in place as your sitting there.

Watching TV get up during commercials and walk around or march in place.

I think you all get the idea.

So what do you all say? Who is in??? I am in for sure! We can do this.
Good luck all and have a good week and enjoy exercise! It is good for the soul.

Replies

• maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That is a good one! Just keep moving...
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    I'm in. Keep on Movin :glasses:
  • northo49
    northo49 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok here! I just need to remember. This sounds like the beginning of a new good habit.
  • hunlun1
    hunlun1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will do that. Its not like a class or getting on the bike, lol. Everyone should be able to do it. Thanks.
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea ,I am in!!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I do that when I'm cooking -- while waiting for something to boil or the microwave to finish.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea ,I am in!!

Hi sspahn49. glad to have you in our group.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a winner for me. I'll do it.!
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think I can handle that! Thanks, Bestie, you are the Best!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I rarely sit through a commercial. I always get up and do something 99% of the time. So I know that is doable.

I'll be creative to find additional moments to do intentional moving. Good challenge.

Still working on the water and when I'm doing my LS exercise DVD I add in those punches from the other challenge most of the time.

Have a good tomorrow!!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I rarely sit through a commercial. I always get up and do something 99% of the time. So I know that is doable.

I'll be creative to find additional moments to do intentional moving. Good challenge.

Still working on the water and when I'm doing my LS exercise DVD I add in those punches from the other challenge most of the time.

Have a good tomorrow!!

so glad you like the punches and have added them in.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I agree with TXGardnr, I still do my punches. Lately I've been doing arm circles a few times a day. My floppy arms are a problem!!
  • whynotnana
    whynotnana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good Idea to get some type of excercise each week to keep us moving---do we get a new one for the next week. I just started this past Wednesday and am looking forward to trying something. I am 70 years old fairly active and in good health. Just the aches and pains that come more from not doing anything!! Looking forward to this week's excercise.