Packed lunches

Options
caribougal
caribougal Posts: 865 Member
Since I'm SOOOO proud of myself for packing lunch everyday, I thought it would be fun to start a thread of our healthy Paleo/Primal lunches.

Here's mine today:
2j2hs8x.jpg

Hope that works.

Top left: Organic Blueberries
Top: Organic carrot
Bottom left: Apple Gate Farms Pancetta (my new fave), and 1 oz little bites of smoked gouda and manchego
Bottom right: Cauliflower Rice leftover (not my best, only ate half).

Oh, it's upside down. cripes. no idea how to fix that.

Replies

• tinytemple
    tinytemple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That looks fantastic! Also that packed lunch box/tin is great for portioning!
    I often take photos of my primal lunches because i'm so proud of them haha, maybe i'll post a few of them from now on!
  • Kimber415
    Kimber415 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    looks yummy.....afraid my boiled egg and orange roughy I had for lunch today would not have looked so pretty.....
  • Alyxw
    Alyxw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow that looks yum! I pack a lunch every day I would love to join in here - how do you post pictures?
  • 4my4sonz
    Options
    That looks awesome! I should really pack lunches for the day, but never know what to pack, so I grab a fruit and that's about it =( Not good! I just have to know, where did you get the containers you used? That would be so helpful for portions and packing around during the day!
  • caribougal
    Options
    There must be a picture fairy here. My photo was upside down before, and now it's not. Spooky.

I am in love with my lunchbox. It's from www.planetbox.com. I bought one for me and one for each of my boys. They sell them with fun magnets which just stick on to the metal. My boys love picking their magnets each morning, and having some say in what goes into each section of their box. After I bought mine, planet box came out with another line called The Rover which is a little bigger, meant more for adults. But I like having several smaller sections than big ones. I like the variety over quantity. It also works for me because I'd much rather eat a bunch of veggies separately than together in a salad. I don't know why, but I prefer that. It comes with some big and small tins which seal for sauces, dips, or drippy stuff. And, you just throw the whole thing in the dishwasher. Easy. No trash.

It's not cheap, but it will last a good long while. I used to have a plastic bento box kit from Laptop Lunches, but it was a pain to keep track of all the lids and containers and hard for my toddlers to open them. Waste of money.
  • caribougal
    Options
    Wow that looks yum! I pack a lunch every day I would love to join in here - how do you post pictures?

Here is a link to a tutorial on how to post pics.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I dont have a picture but today I am having 2 oz of ham, 1 oz dill havarti, cucumber and tomato with a balsalmic vinegarette and some red grapes.

I bought my first pancetta about 4 days ago - pretty good stuff.
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well, you can imagine a pic of 3 eggs from the dozen O3 eggs' carton and a jar of coconut oil and another twist top of broth... Not a looker, but works for me. I have to pack my husband's and my daughter's lunches daily, so I just go simple & bulk for myself & enjoy the microwave cooking.
  • caribougal
    Options
    Today's lunch is scary.

I'm working from home so I didn't pack. No leftovers in the fridge.

I decided on tuna. But, since I don't want to use mayo, and I haven't made any paleo-mayo, I tried a little of the green goddess dressing I made last week, which was pretty bad. That was too watery, so I added greek yogurt. That tasted bland, so I added pesto. Still bland, so I added olive tapenade. Now it's palatable, but not my best lunch effort. The crackers are yummy, though.

5o780y.jpg

why, oh why, do my pics never show right-side up!
  • Alyxw
    Options
    OK So here is a lunch from last week, will share today's packed lunch soon.

080D92CB-A462-4F98-A782-644FE1FA5184-139-0000001A0D409183.jpg
  • Alyxw
    Options
    And today's... spinach and bacons salad with some blue vein cheese. There is actually heaps of bacon in here but it's hiding underneath!

C6145F86-B79A-4DA3-8919-433E9A7B2602-139-0000001C12B0CFA1.jpg
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    oh you guys are making me hungry

the planet box.......do you take your food cold? Is there a way to heat them up, just wondering because they look like stainless steel
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Where do you get the veggie crackers? I couldn't find them online.
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Where does one find one of those lunch tins because that thing is awesome
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow those lunches are looking good and making me hungry. Jealous! I'll have to get back on it and start packing better lunches for my husband and I. I did just put a 14 pound turkey in the oven to cook overnight, that should give us some meat for lunches for a bit.
  • caribougal
    Options
    oh you guys are making me hungry

the planet box.......do you take your food cold? Is there a way to heat them up, just wondering because they look like stainless steel

It is stainless steel. Most of what I bring is cold, but if I need to heat something up, I transfer it to a dish to nuke it in the microwave. Sometimes I move it from the dish back to the planet box so it still looks pretty when I eat. I'm a bit OCD about it.
  • caribougal
    Options
    Where do you get the veggie crackers? I couldn't find them online.

http://www.wildmountainfoods.com/products.html

They are a MUST HAVE for me. They're pricey, but I always keep a box at home and a box at work. I don't snack on them, but save them for when I really need a cracker, like for tuna!
  • caribougal
    Options
    Where does one find one of those lunch tins because that thing is awesome

www.planetbox.com
  • Alyxw
    Options
    Today's lunch is a garden salad with lemon juice as dressing and pork breakfast sausages. Hitting the spot as I post this!

9D1104B1-D1F3-4BBE-BAE8-C1B6425F0FC6-151-000000173D0B40CE.jpg
  • caribougal
    Options
    Today's lunch, in my laptop lunch bento box. I don't particularly like this lunch box. Too many containers with lids to wash and lose, but my planetbox was in the dishwasher.

r8wbcg.jpg

Purple: carrots and grape tomatoes
    Green: Hakurei turnips. Have you had these? They're amazing. Very mild, just a hint of heat, and even some sweetness.
    Red: Pear... which should have been eaten a week ago
    Red: Applegate Farms prosciutto, to be wrapped around the pear slices.
    Babybel Cheese

ugh: upside down again!
    nomnom