Introduce Yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• tibicinadulcis
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a 27 year old West Coast Swing and Hustle dancer. I also do American style ballroom, and teach part time. I am so looking forward to getting in shape and actually feeling like a dancer! lol Really happy to see other people on here trying to be healthy about all this.
  • Cassidances
    Options
    Hello my name is Cassandra! I'm 17 years old and I mostly do ballroom dance. though I am working on modern, jazz, hip hip and ballet. My dream is to be a professional dancer, but so far my weight has kind of been holding me back. I want to be able to wear that low back ballroom dress, and do that hard lift and still be comfortable. I'm super excited to be a part of this group. it's nice to know I'm not the only dancer in the world struggling to keep the weight off! :D
  • Just joined this group! My name is Jordan, I'm a sophomore at Columbia College Chicago. I'm majoring in Modern Dance, with concentration in Performance. I want to get in shape for a big show I have coming up. It would be nice to have dancer support :blushing: Nice to meet you all!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Christchurch New Zealand and work for an organisation that focuses on Brazilian dance styles. Personally I focus of zouk and more recently also samba de gafieira/samba funkeado which we're just starting to introduce to New Zealand. I also study full time - but with such limited performing art opportunities in my country I've shelved my former performance studies and taken up finance and economics!
  • shortiiejordiii
    Options
    Hi i am Jordii, i dance competitively at a studio in Olathe, Kansas. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by competition season in February!
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a pre-professional ballerina studying in Russia :)

Just getting ready go to to class now so I didn't have time to go through the whole thread, but please add me as a friend, I would love to get to know you guys!!
  • jackems
    jackems Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dance ballet, modern and contemporary. I'm currently using this site to be healthier and stay in shape, not to lose weight per se. Either way, shedding a couple of pounds as well won't be so bad. ;)
  • Meghan4330
    Meghan4330 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! You're all so amazing in your love for dance and honestly we all have different approaches so everyone is qualified to be involved in this group! I don't get any notifications when people post unfortunately so I haven't kept up as well as I could've. I hope we can all connect through our passion for the wonderful art form we've grown to love =]
  • tayloca11
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad I found this group! I have been dancing for 9-10 years and I dance Jazz and Hip Hop styles. Different I know but hey it works for me. I just want to be toned and lean and healthy and fit. I also row and play soccer.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad I found this group! I have been dancing for 9-10 years and I dance Jazz and Hip Hop styles. Different I know but hey it works for me. I just want to be toned and lean and healthy and fit. I also row and play soccer.

Whoa, you're a busy gal, lol. Welcome to the group!
  • finalixgarnet
    finalixgarnet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance.
    --George Balanchine
    Hello,
    I am a 25 yr old freshman Dance major at UNC Charlotte. I am trying to get into North Carolina Dance Theater (thats the goal at least). I have danced for 12 years mostly ballet. I am obsessed, I love taking ballet classes, I hope so much one day to get accepted into a professional company. I cannot imagine my life without dance. I am on fitness pal bc I would love to lose 20 or so pounds, I'm not in bad shape, but could defiantly be better. I appreciate any support...when life gets hard dieting gets harder.!!
  • Hiphopballerina
    Hiphopballerina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 16 years old and I've been dancing since I was really little, but I've been taking it seriously since I was about 11. I've always danced hiphop, but I dance house for about a year now and ballet for half a year. My motivation to lose weight is that I want to apply for a dance school and I have to be in perfect shape for that. So I have to lose some babyfat haha
  • jamesguidera
    jamesguidera Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I dance Lindy Hop, Balboa, partner Charleston and dabble a little in Peabody and 1920's Charleston.

To help assist with the Lindy aerials I have started doing conditioning and Adagio class at the Wellington circus trust located with the New Zealand school of dance here in Wellington.

Feel free to add me as its always great to meet new people with a passion or dance.

Oh...one last thing...There is a huge swing dance event called Frankie100 in NYC in May2014. I will be attending this and spending a extra 4 weeks in the USA traveling around. Any advice would be great.
  • jazz_vision
    Options
    Hello All! I've been dancing since the age of 3 and have been teaching dance for the past 4 years. I have been trained in tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, and hip hop. I'm mainly looking to tone up and strength my core to prepare for upcoming auditions.

Still learning my way around the site and excited about loosing weight!
  • Alexadance
    Options
    Hi everyone my name's Alexa and I'm training to teach dance!
    <3
  • vanessahotlosz
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Vanessa, I've been intensively training in dancer for about 7 years. Before that just hometown studio stuff :) Love my fellow bunheads! I study everything from classical ballet to cubo-african!
  • medgirl98
    medgirl98 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kelly and I've been dancing ballet since I was 12. I'm currently 16 and have been on pointe for the past year. I train at least 4 times a week (1-2 hours each) depending on whether it's exam time at school or school holidays. I'm trying to get slimmer legs, which I hope I will achieve by the end of summer, since I know I'll train pretty intensively during the summer (my ballet studio's going to become the place I spend the most time in! Not kidding!).
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Joy I am 43, I probably don't qualify to join this group but I love dancing. My daughter began dancing 4 years ago and is very good at it (she is 10 years old ). I took the plunge in February and joined an adult beginners class at her dance school and I am loving it. I do a mixed styles class and streetdance for 2 hours a week. I did my first show in April after only 2 months of dancing and really enjoyed the experience. I also run and lift weights. I work full time as a midwife in the UK. Anyone can add me as a friend.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Any of you still on here? My name is Mari and I'm trying to get leaner and stronger so I can get back to doing the things I love, like dance (esp. ballet), and gymnastics.