firstsip
firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
I hate them. That is all.

Replies

• KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I concur!

And those preachers that stand in the street spouting rubbish, them too?! :wink:
  • chelletjernagel
    Options
    All of them. At my door, on my corner, sticking flyers on my car, spouting crap on my TV...
  • firstsip
    Options
    Of course, but there's something much more annoying about them coming and invading my property ;]
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I had fun one year. I went and got my copy of the Satanic Bible. You should have seen them run.

My father also got angry once. He told them as he was leaving the house not to go to the front door. When he turned around and saw them doing just that, he went back and grabbed and slammed the door so hard the glass shattered. They never came back.
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My friend thought it was a great idea to send in an info request to have some Mormon's come speak to you, but he put down my address. I still haven't forgave him for that!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My friend and I once tried to debate evolution in my parents front garden with some, should have seen them skwerm! :laugh:

They had a child with them who was jumping all over my parents tendered garden, I then proceeded to throw them off the property! :explode:
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    Just open the door in a night shirt and they'll be out of your hair in 5 seconds.
    For some reason they always show up when I'm home sick.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Just pretend like nobody's home, always works for me.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Oh man.... there are so many better uses of time than walking door-to-door peddling bullcrap... like.... making music or reading books or something....
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like the signs that say "Protect our Religious Freedom" that are on every corner.... all the time and money on signs and brochures could be spent on something better, like helping others.... :/
  • firstsip
    Options
    I like the signs that say "Protect our Religious Freedom" that are on every corner.... all the time and money on signs and brochures could be spent on something better, like helping others.... :/

UGH, I hate this! This is a grassroots movement that originated not far from where I live, so I'm assuming you're somewhere in the midwest... not only are the signs ridiculous, they completely misunderstand what "religious freedom" means... I've looked into the movement and was SO steamed.
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options

UGH, I hate this! This is a grassroots movement that originated not far from where I live, so I'm assuming you're somewhere in the midwest... not only are the signs ridiculous, they completely misunderstand what "religious freedom" means... I've looked into the movement and was SO steamed.

yep. ohio. and i am in a town that is crazy religious. me and ethan (lover) are probably 2 out of maybe 20 atheists? it is soooooo frustrating.

to them, "religious freedom" means majority religion (so them and christianity) gets to decide how everybody else's lives are lived..... makes sense. smh...
  • jeffreyjording
    jeffreyjording Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy the door to door religious salesman. Nothing better than sitting down on the patio with a couple of 18yr old Mormons and explaining the facts of life to them. They are running for the hills in about 5 or 10 minutes, and don't come back