Outdoor fitness parks?

Options
Laces_0ut
Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
anyone know of any parks that have trails to run with stations for pull ups and sit ups etc...? preferably in the Gilbert or surrounding area.

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help, the only thing I can think of is in my sis-in-law's neighborhood and thats Avondale/Goodyear area. :frown:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Do you have a nearby school you can get into? Sounds silly, but a playground is a good place to find bars for pull ups...some of the "cooler" schools even have mini rock climbing walls!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    schools are definitely a good option but i was hoping to do this mostly on weekdays. i'm not sure if its appropriate to use a schools facilities during the week.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    schools are definitely a good option but i was hoping to do this mostly on weekdays. i'm not sure if its appropriate to use a schools facilities during the week.

lol I guess that's true. I can see it now "Move over kids I need to get in some pull ups". Hmm...wish I was better help!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I dunno if freestone park has the stations but it has a 1 mile trail it says. You could always check with Gilbert Town Services. I found their website here: http://www.gilbertaz.gov/busdev/profile/community.cfm
  • mbond6
    mbond6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Freestone is the best park, so many ways to walk and diverse group of people and the parks and rec is right across the street so theres always official workers around, weekdays are nice and quiet.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    some of the trails at papago park have circuits. but they are kind of hidden. (sorry I know that is in phoenix)

Kiwanis has it also, tempe, sorry.

sorry, those are what I know...

Ronney
  • bo4lax
    bo4lax Posts: 21
    Options
    Prospector Park in Apache Junction has trails that the cross-country team uses to train on. During the school year they are marked by large chalk arrows.