Special K Protein Shakes

Options
Hey guys! So, I was wanting some help with food....are the special k protein shakes good or bad for you with this program? I am looking for more healthy options to add into my routine. I didn't see the weight loss I wanted the past couple of weeks, but my diet probably needs improvement.

Replies

• Kellylicious01
    Options
    Are you using it as a meal replacement? I find that using shakes as a meal replacement does not work well for me. They are rarely filling or satisfying on their own.

If you are not sure what to eat, take a look at the food pyramid and use that as your guide.
  • RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use boost as my breakfast meal replacement.. breakfast is typically hard for me to find something to eat because of my crazy hours at work. It's easy to just grab it, shake it and run. So far so good. I originally lost the first 10 doing that and have lost another 6 still doing it and exercising. Yes, Im typically hungry about 3-4 hours later but it's not hard for me to grab a quick snack, usually string cheese, yogurt or some fruit to hold me over until lunch time.
  • brittany8712
    Options
    Thanks! I was thinking as a replacement for breakfast since my appetite is lacking in the morning, and then as a post workout snack.
  • pixxyhaze
    Options
    I wouldn't drink a Special K Protein Shake just because the 2nd ingredient in the label is sugar.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink a Special K Protein Shake just because the 2nd ingredient in the label is sugar.

I agree, I don't think that they are all that good for you. I have a 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries with 2 scoops of whey protein powder, activia yogurt and a little ice and water - they are good (and filling). It also increases my protein intake by leaps and bounds.