Planning meals

Options
Merci444
Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
I realed that with all of the planning I have been doing, I have not organized it(!!) I am planning tuna salad for lunch tomorrow and just discovered that I have the EVOO and I need the light flavor OO. Does it really make that much of a difference? I have never made my own mayo before. I'll be doing it late tonight after I have to work for an hour or so.

I also need to plan out what to do and when.

I am usually so organized, but I will have to remember to make everything ahead. Of course I knew this, but....

Replies

• MizMelis26
    MizMelis26 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lol I totally understand ! I planned all the dinner time meals, but i didn't plan on which day i was going to make what. i WAS going to make Paleo Jambalaya tomorrow, but when i went grocery shopping tonight... i got everything but chicken lol. I even have(and thank goodness it's still good until the end of the week) a raincheck for a 3KG box of chicken breasts because they didn't have any when they were on sale the last time i went grocery shopping. i seriously can't believe i forgot it. lol

So tomorrow instead of making my double batch of Jambalaya, I'll be making Mango and plantain beef. Yum Yum !!
  • sad0608
    sad0608 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MizMelis what is the recipe for the paleo jambalaya sounds good for the weekend, I have a potluck to go to...please share
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    I just made Paleo mayo tonight!! It came out perfect. But yes I've read that it needs to be light olive oil, because extra virgin would be too strong and supposedly not taste very good. Hope that helps :)
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I made it and it looks really pretty. I used EVOO though because it was all I had. I used it in tuna salad so I hope it won't make too much of a difference
  • rusty1257
    rusty1257 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've made olive oil mayo several times, but always with light oil and lemon juice. The lemon can taste a bit odd at first, but I now love it. I hope that yours is good too.

Planning and having the correct ingredients can be tricky.
  • MizMelis26
    Options
    lol of course i'll share :)

2 Mild Italian sausages, sliced
    2 chicken breasts, cubed
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 yellow onion, diced
    2 green bell pepper, diced
    1 head cauliflower, riced(or just chopped up really good)
    1 can tomato paste (like a small can, or half of a big can)
    4-5 medium to large Tomato's (based on how much tomato's you want in it)
    2 1/2 cup chicken broth
    2 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    salt and pepper, to taste

I always use my slow cooker because it's easier, but you could do it on the stove top too in a huge pot. Use the Olive oil to saute the garlic and onions, then add in the chicken and sausages and cook those until their done, then add the chicken broth and the tomato paste and mix that well, then add in your veggies and spices and cook until the cauliflower is nice and tender :) And of course you can totally adjust the recipe to your own taste :)
  • healthylife4kb
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the jambalaya recipe. I may try a smaller version tomorrow night.

I tried this recipe tonight: http://www.thefoodee.com/recipe/5618/

It ended up being too fishy for me to want to add it as a regular.
  • MizMelis26
    Options
    no problem :) I always use more sausages though then it says to, just because i'm completely and utterly in love with mild italian sausages lol
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    I made it and it looks really pretty. I used EVOO though because it was all I had. I used it in tuna salad so I hope it won't make too much of a difference

Nice! How does it taste??