Post work out drink

Options
Hi

I had thought about following the diet plan - but 5 meals a day is just too much for me in terms of making the time to do it.

so after my fit test this morning - i had a skimmed milk protien shake - is this something that is advised in the long term as i would prefer this and having 3 meals with it x

Replies

• Glo_8714
    Glo_8714 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi

I had thought about following the diet plan - but 5 meals a day is just too much for me in terms of making the time to do it.

so after my fit test this morning - i had a skimmed milk protien shake - is this something that is advised in the long term as i would prefer this and having 3 meals with it x

Thats awesome! I will def get me some protein milk soon for now I'm drinking Horizon Organic Chocolate milk with omega 3 and DHA. Will drink this after workouts for the next week then go and buy some protein powder. But what a great start! Proud of you!! :smooched:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok. I usually have a protein shake after workouts. Have a lactose issue so I use almond milk, but I think anythings better than not having anything after. I try to make mine a meal sometimes by adding berries or a banana with some spinach/kale into a blender. sounds gross, but it mixes up really well. the frozen berries help thicken it up too so it's like a shake. As much as I'd like to try the shakeology, I just don't want to spend the money!!
  • Zumbalicious_Zoe
    Options
    I have started to have a protein shake after working out, can't vouch for the effects yet but it is tasty
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    thanks its just that i dont have access to their post recovery drink - wanting to make sure i am on the right path x
  • chojolitos
    Options
    you need your protein shake to recuperate those muscles:drinker:
    Sometimes I take it before the workout sometimes after :tongue:
    Best Regards !!!
    Vio
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    Dies it matter if its before or after?

I was thinking of having one as my breakfast - Pre workout - because if I eat before the exercise I feel it's just lying there and this can be upto 2hrs after eating sometimes 3 hours x
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have to wait an hour at least after I eat before I work out. But you should always eat something before you work out if you are working out in the morning. Your body just had 8 hours of no food and no water. It's hungry! And you won't preform as well. That said a protein shake will probably be the easiest on your stomach.

Yay breakfast. Cheerios, an apple and peanut butter!

I used to scarf a slim fast after gym work outs. I would make it myself from the mix which costs $12 from most bulk stores in the US (unlike the results formula). I compared the ingredients and nutritional info and they aren't that different.

I can't justify spending 2 dollars a glass on the stuff. I was walking on campus behind some guys who happened to be talking about it and they didn't say it tasted great but they drank it anyway. I rather spend $0.60 on slimfast.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    well this morning i had my breakfast but had it with the kids before the school run and it was much better