Level 2

Options
brbetha01
brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
Is it just me or is level 2 killing your motivation? For some reason, it does not some as fun as level 1 and I don't want to do it as much. The only good thing about it is my abs are actually sore which means the planks must be working - but I'm not motivated to stick with level 2. I'm considering moving up to level 3 just to see if my motivation returns.

Replies

• mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    you know Ive noticed the same thing. Ive attempted the 30 day shred a couple of times and I always drop out in level 2. Ive heard that intensity wise 3 and 2 are about the same and 3 is "more fun" I guess. haha I haven't tried 3 yet myself though so idk.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yup... me too... My knees are getting sore and I'm starting to use this as an excuse to wimp out of part of the exercises. I'm also pausing the video on average 3 or 4 times during the 20 minutes for a minute or so, which I wasn't doing in level 1. Wondering if I just don't like Level 2 or it's the difficulty of sticking with anything for more than 2 weeks! Determined to push on through though - loads of people say Level 3 is better...
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well I decided to stick with level 2 until this Wednesday because that will be day 20 and then I will transition to level 3. Two more days... fingers crossed.
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You don't know how happy it is to hear you guys say this. I was feeling like a quitter because I am having a hard time sticking with level 2. I honestly just don't want to do it and I can't pinpoint why. I had no problems with level 1 and no major problems with level 2. At first I thought it was just my TOM but now maybe I was just bored because I don't have a problem going to the gym and running. I don't think I have the time to go to the gym tonight so I'm to dig deep and do the video. :) If I can finish this week then I will just jump ahead to level 3. I've lost count on what day i am on. lol
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm starting level 2 tonight after a 4 day break (I know I really shouldn't have). last night I did day 10 of level 1 and my fiance kept talking about how excited he is to move on to level 2 and i kept thinking he has no clue what he's getting himself into!! Your comments are making me worried.. but i really hope with all you girls help I can stick with it through level 2!! YIKES!!
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    Anyone else get sore knees from level 2? I have otherwise bad knees, but they've been, surprisingly, in pretty good shape since I started exercising in the beginning of this month. However, I've noticed that they've become more sore after starting level 2.
  • chooriyah
    Options
    A word of encouragement! I have been a Level 2 hater until yesterday, when I finally started to enjoy it and feel like I am doing a good job at it. On Day 7 - certainly took it's sweet time in getting better.

My knees have been sore (I normally have no knee problems, but was getting aching at the back of the knees during jumping jacks and jump rope) and I have generally been low on motivation. I think part of it was that I took two rest days on Wednesday and Friday as I was ridiculously busy and couldn't find time to do it. I didn't mean to take a break, but I think perhaps it was what I needed to get the motivation back and let my muscles recover a little.

I was so motivated after yesterday that I even went on and did a short 15 min workout on the elliptical after I got my breath back! So out of character for me that I'm slightly concerned I've lost my mind. But happy about it!

Good luck guys! Stick with it! I really think we'll be so proud when we've done, even if we've had some low points and had some break days here and there.

Freaking terrified of level 3 though...anyone moved up yet?
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I'm on level three! It is SO hard.... but I still like it so much more than level 3. I felt like level 2 is challenging but boring.... level 3 is super hard but I think the moves are more fun to do and it goes by so much faster! That being said, I am DYING by the end of it haha.

I feel like I am more motivated to do Level three though...
  • chooriyah
    Options

I feel like I am more motivated to do Level three though...

Good to know, thanks!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A word of encouragement! I have been a Level 2 hater until yesterday, when I finally started to enjoy it and feel like I am doing a good job at it. On Day 7 - certainly took it's sweet time in getting better.

My knees have been sore (I normally have no knee problems, but was getting aching at the back of the knees during jumping jacks and jump rope) and I have generally been low on motivation. I think part of it was that I took two rest days on Wednesday and Friday as I was ridiculously busy and couldn't find time to do it. I didn't mean to take a break, but I think perhaps it was what I needed to get the motivation back and let my muscles recover a little.

I was so motivated after yesterday that I even went on and did a short 15 min workout on the elliptical after I got my breath back! So out of character for me that I'm slightly concerned I've lost my mind. But happy about it!

Good luck guys! Stick with it! I really think we'll be so proud when we've done, even if we've had some low points and had some break days here and there.

Oh so glad to hear that there is hope it will get better by Day 7.. hahaah!! I can barely finish each movements so i'm looking forward to just being able to get through it once.
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    Still here. I did day 7 of level 2 today. Didn't think I would get this far. To be honest, I'm still sticking to the beginners version for most of the moves. I'm also leaving out the walk-in push-ups. I think they were causing the ache in my knees, at least they're not as sore since I stopped doing that move.
    My proudest moment: in the warm up during the high kicks I'm actually able to touch my hand with my toe. I was not able to do that in the beginning. You have to enjoy the small things. :)
  • chooriyah
    Options
    The strength parts tire me out so much I have to take a 10 second break before I start the cardio each time. And I am also doing the beginner modifications on just about everything...

I'm so happy today though - I measured myself and I have lost 1.5 inches from my waist (smallest part) and 1 inch from waist around the belly button. I've also lost 1.5 inches from my bust, which I'm less thrilled about (:

Absolutely no movement in legs and arms though, which I find weird considering how much they ached at the beginning.
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    Congrats on the inches lost! (the ones you're proud about anyway.) :)
    I've also lost a few inches from the waist area, but the legs and arms stay the almost same even though it feels like they're working harder than any other part.
  • Montegue42
    Options
    Funny story...I kind of feel the opposite! Maybe its because I used to be really in shape, but Level One made me feel kind of like a loer. I felt like it would have been super easy when I was a dancer/cheerleader, and now it was kicking my butt. At least with level two I get encouraged when whats-her-name can't even do some of the moves! Ahahahaha. It also keeps my brain more interested.

My body, however, is not enjoying it. Though today, for the first time, I noticed a difference in my arms when catching sight of them in the mirror. If I really focus, I feel like I still look the same, but if I glance at myself out of the corner of my eye, I feel like I look more objectively at myself.
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    Believe it or not, but I just completed level 2. It only took me 8 days to get into the whole routine and memorize it. It's weird, with level 1 I learned pretty quickly what to and when, but with level 2 I had to wait for her to actually say what came next. Except after the last mountain climbers (I don't know what they're called -circuit 2 cardio) then I knew that it was time for crunches and that I could just crash to the floor. :laugh:
    My biggest achievement was that I during the final days also had strength left to do the whole third circuit, with all of its planks. Yay!

On to level 3 tomorrow. :ohwell: