How much did you gain in the 1st trimester?

Options
phoebe2488
phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
I am freaking out about gaining weight. I have gained 7.2 lbs. and I am only 11 1/2 weeks. How much did you all gain in the 1st trimester? I am craving all sorts of bad food! :-( I had lost 60 lbs. before getting pregnant so I really don't want to gain it all back.

Replies

• FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I gained 12.3 in the first trimester...I've learned that it's important I *try* not to stress too much about the scale. I'm logging, eating healthily, working out daily, and the scale is going up - I'm 23 weeks and up 25lbs. I lost 40 before getting pregnant and am inching closer to my starting weight. The good part is that I lost the weight before, and I know how to do it, so all I can do is my best!

So, try not to worry too much about the 7lbs at nearly 12 weeks - try to allow yourself some of those treats you are craving, but also maintain some sort of control. You are WAY ahead of most moms by being on MFP :)
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am 36 weeks. I gained exactly 7 lbs in the first trimester and am now up barely over 30. My goal was not to go over 35...so we'll see. I ate constantly the 1st trimester. Not only was I starving but I was nausiated, so eating helped with that a little. I freaked out too, but have not gained as much as I thought considering that inital weight gain. Now with my 1st pregnancy I gained 12 pounds the 1st trimester and 45 overall!! Of course we are all different, but just giving you some reassurance that it doesn't necessarily mean you will continue to gain at that rate.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I gained about 4-5, but now I've gained over 40 @ 32 weeks, so don't worry, it will probably slow down. Your body is going to do what it wants to do :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jumping in, hope that's ok......

Ladies, WHEN in the first trimester did you start gaining weight?

Thanks
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Thanks

Ooh, good question! I'm curious about this.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    All of mine happened weeks 7-13, with the biggest jump being weeks 7-9 (I gained 10lbs during those 3 weeks)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Thanks

From what I recall mine was pretty even, probably started around week 7 and maybe 1/2lb or less per week
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I gained about 4 - 5 pounds, steadily over the first trimester.

But I've gained 40 now and I'm due in a few days. I don't think there's any way to really predict how you are going to gain.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs, gained back 2.... so I guess overall, I lost 2 lbs in the first trimester? Sounds like such a little amount, but it was really REALLY stressing me out that I was losing..... now I'm not so stressed about it.... I've added to my intake, still trying to eat MOSTLY healthy (don't always succeed, but I try!) and baby's growing just fine.... funny thing is, I've had bloat and have "looked" pregnant despite not gaining!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i lost 13 lbs in first trimester due to Ms, presently have gained back 3 lbs
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I gained A LOT in my first trimester. Surprisingly, I gained 10 pounds between the time I found ou I was pregnant (7 weeks) and the 12 week mark. Food was the only way to keep nausea down.
  • fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 36 weeks. I gained exactly 7 lbs in the first trimester and am now up barely over 30. My goal was not to go over 35...so we'll see. I ate constantly the 1st trimester. Not only was I starving but I was nausiated, so eating helped with that a little. I freaked out too, but have not gained as much as I thought considering that inital weight gain. Now with my 1st pregnancy I gained 12 pounds the 1st trimester and 45 overall!! Of course we are all different, but just giving you some reassurance that it doesn't necessarily mean you will continue to gain at that rate.

I feel so much better reading this!! I'm almost at the end of the first trimester and feel like I need to be constantly eating or I get nauseated as well. I'm up close to 15 lbs. I'm feeling better now that I'm approaching the second trimester and hope to do more activity and make healthier choices!