Brilliant weight loss calculator

Options
Daisy80
Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
Hi ladies

Another member just posted a link to a great calculator. I think it's great for our kind of workouts as it focuses on everything we do. Lifting, macros, BMR, TDEE plus percentage cut. My calculations are pretty spot on with the books but it gives you a prospective weight loss which seems really realistic. For example it gives me a loss of 10lbs in 12 weeks and if you enter your bodyfat etc it gives you a break down of gains and losses to....check it out!

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Replies

• norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    omg...this is the best online calc i've seen!! bump for others! thanks!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an awesome calculator! Love it! :)
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is neat!
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well, this seems to be a very nice tool. However, what am I doing wrong? 18 weeks to lose 10 lbs for me?! 54 weeks to lose 30 lbs?! I'm 5'1", 159 lbs. I entered my BF%, 5 workouts per week, selected "faster weight loss", it's set for lbs not metric. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong...
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well, this seems to be a very nice tool. However, what am I doing wrong? 18 weeks to lose 10 lbs for me?! 54 weeks to lose 30 lbs?! I'm 5'1", 159 lbs. I entered my BF%, 5 workouts per week, selected "faster weight loss", it's set for lbs not metric. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong...

I noticed that too, the more workouts you add the more your weekly loss amount goes down. If you actually select less workouts it says you will lose weight faster. That's my only problem with it.
  • Daisy80
    Options

I noticed that too, the more workouts you add the more your weekly loss amount goes down. If you actually select less workouts it says you will lose weight faster. That's my only problem with it.

I haven't noticed that...I wonder if it got anything to do with it being aimed at lifters?
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The calculator wants me to GAIN weight. Scratching my head.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I just read through the thread where I saw the link for the calculator. The guy that posted it originally explains a few things...here is his answer he gave in regards to the slower weight loss when the activity increases..

8. I put in more workout days, it's telling me it'll take longer to lose the weight?
    As above said, that's because workout days would have been set at a higher calorie intake, therefore weekly intake is higher and total deficit drops. Go back to the pie graphs and change your intake a bit lower on workout days.

In regards to the gaining thing he said

6. Maybe im not getting it, it's telling me to gain 5lbs?
    I'm assuming that you're looking on the first page when it has your 'perfect twin' BMI? Ignore that. If not, you've messed up some settings along the way and set it to gain weight.

Hope that helps
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I tried this...it said to lose 10 pounds, I would have to keep at it for 91 weeks. :huh:

In order to lose 5lbs and 3% BF, I am looking at almost a year?!
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What activity level are most of you choosing for this calculator? If you are only doing NROL4W are you choosing moderately active?
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I used moderately active as I do NR's 3x a week, 1x football training and 1x football game a week :bigsmile:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    So, did you all notice that on workout days it has the default set at eating 20% OVER TDEE? That would be why it takes forever to lose if you work out. (I also got 91 weeks)

If you manually take that down to TDEE minus 20% on workout days too, the numbers get better. It says I should lose 10 lbs by Dec. 31st (which I think might be a bit optimistic! :D)
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Good catch! I will try playing with it some to see if I get a more positive time frame!
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes that is a good catch! That's more like it - 11 wks to lose 10 lbs for me - 1460 cals on rest days and 1669 on workout days. I also chose moderately active. I've got nothing to lose but weight so I'll stick to those numbers and my workout schedule and I'll see if it works for me.

One thing I am wondering about though, the title of it is "Intermittent Fasting Calculator" and the whole drop down thing for selecting a "cycle". So I guess that probably has something to do with some of the crazy results we're getting. I selected "7 days per cycle" and 5 "workouts per week" and it gives me 11 wks to lose 10lbs, but if I change workouts per week to 6, it goes to 12 wks, if i change it to 7 workouts it goes to 8 wks. But yet 1 workout per week is only 9 wks to lose 10 lbs. My brain hurts and I'm tired.

I just took a "Flourless Butterless Chocolate Cake" out of the oven and it better cool fast! It looks delish (I know the batter was anyway)! Got the recipe from the recipe forum here. Since I didn't have my afternoon apple and pb snack I guess I can fit a piece of cake in. :wink:
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks this really helps!