"Fat, Sick and Nearly dead"

Options
124»

Replies

• HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Updated...Saturday was a good day until around 6 or 7pm felt a little dizzy and nausea with a small headache so I mean more juice still not good so I had a small portion of pasta salad no meat. So that day was sort of a bust in a well, I believe I need to drink more juice to avoid that moving forward.

Sunday I have one meal and juiced the rest of the day, I know that defeats the purpose I am still in my test phrase so I will have a full plan of action by June 1. I have been reading it is best to store juice in a glass container any suggestions from anyone on that what do you use.

Monday, I have to go shopping for more vegies and fruit. Started today with juices so far this morning. Since Friday I have lost friday to my surprise I have lost 9 pounds I have kick started this as of 5/18/12 I played a little basketball (shooting around 45min) to work up to walking as well. So far I feel good and looking forward to progressing along.

Michelle
  • HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Its been a few days I am still juicing and feel great. As mentioned before this is a test run I will officially start on 6/1 100% vegetable and fruits and water only, over the past week I have had 1 small meal on some of the days. With that said I know I will be able to start on 6/1 full blown. I have upgraded to a Omega J8006 juicer from a Jack Lalanne so I am looking forward to using that tomorrow.

Michelle
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Started my juice fast today. Going to fast for about a week and take a small break and then try a full on 30 days. I want to get healthier and see if it helps my psoriasis and I need to fit into a bridesmaids dress!!! LOL. Any tips or motivation would be greatly appreciated.
  • spikedkanji
    spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hot tea helps with hunger between juicing. No decaf though, cause of the chemicals they use to make it decaf. If caf. is an issue with tea,,,,steep it a few times to help lower the content. Try to also get teas that are not sweet, sweet causes more hunger. Try something with a heartier flavor like an english breakfast, or a really good earthy tea.
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My partner did one for 30 days. He has never looked so good(as in healthy/glowing) or felt so good in his life. And dropped about 13kgs (i think 28pounds)
    I didn't do the full juice fast, For about a month i was eating nuts, seeds, wholegrains and vegetables. What worked was gradually cutting out things from your diet before you start the fast then you won't get as many cravings, headaches etc.
    I bought a breville juicer ( i cannot remember the exact one) it was around $170, pretty easy to clean.

Check out my profile picture ;) hehe I had the pleasure of meeting Joe when he was in Sydney last.
  • byronguy74
    Options
    It has been a few months since I have posted anything about juicing so I figured I would chime in.

I slowed down on the juicing and have not really done it in about 2 months. I was still eating less than I was before and trying to eat somewhat more healthy food but I noticed that my tastes (and appetite) were changing back to what they were before I started juicing. I was craving more coke and mountain dew instead of water and I was starting to eat more fried convenience food. I did gain a few pounds back but not too much - maybe 5-8 pounds.

That being said, I started another fast Monday (Sept 17th) and have pretty well stuck to it. The only cheating I have been doing have been a few cups of coffee with a touch of cream and sugar in them. The biggest reason for the coffee is for energy - for some stupid reason I started the fast on a Monday morning when I knew I had to work instead of starting on a weekend where I could take it easy for a few days to get my body readjusted.

Anyway, I am on day 4 today and when I got on the scale this morning I was down 9 pounds - obviously the coffee cheating has not hurt me too bad. I dont know how long I am going to do the fast but I am definitely going to get back into the habit of replacing most of my lunches with juice.

Good luck to anyone that wants to try juicing. Give it an honest shot and ignore what the naysayers tell you!
  • bfridey
    bfridey Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just started using my fitness pal and I'm wondering if any of the juice fasts worked for you?
    I'm looking at starting one tomorrow (always tomorrow, never today) and i'd like some recipes to use.
    Any advice? :)
    Please feel free to add me as I need some inspiration.
    Mant thanks!
    Bel
  • byronguy74
    Options
    If you search the net there are hundreds of recipes for juices ranging from "earthy" that are largely based on greens (most of these taste like dirt to me hence the earthy description) to Italian to more tropical tasting juices. I dont have a set recipe that I use but some of the staples of my juices are: cauliflower, spinach, apples, carrots, cantaloupe, honeydew, green bell pepper, sweet potato (or yam depending on the store), and cabbage. I have tried just about everything - berries taste good but are too much work in my opinion - and things like ginger, beets, and onions are too overpowering for my tastes.

In my mind making something that you can happily drink - maybe with a few more calories and sugars - is more important than something that tastes like dirt but is very low in calories and natural sugars - unless of course you like the taste of dirt then knock yourself out! :)

If you are just starting the fast start on a weekend - or whatever days your weekends consist of where you can be rather lazy and not have to deal with too much stress when you first start. I would also suggest giving up sweet and/or caffeinated drinks at least a few days before you start a fast - the desire to chew food is bad enough but put a caffeine headache on top of that and it can be really tough!

The best of luck to you!
  • cindaroses
    Options
    Last night I had some carrot, kale, orange and mango juice! Sooooo gooooood!
  • idoitforkristal
    Options
    My husband and I did our first full day of our juice fast today. We are pretty excited. My husband is enjoying his new "toy" and does all the cutting, juicing, and cleaning up! Here we go!
  • cindaroses
    Options
    My husband and I did our first full day of our juice fast today. We are pretty excited. My husband is enjoying his new "toy" and does all the cutting, juicing, and cleaning up! Here we go!

Still juice fasting? I've been craving juice. Today I'm having (kale, cucumber, celery, zucchini, apple and lime) (sweet potato, carrot, orange) and (zucchini, beet and apple). I always like to get the greenest drink over with first.