Challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• loischapman
    Options
    well there are always healthy choices when eating out,you can do it , pick something healthy, and as far as drinks go, beer and sweet drinks are not the way to go, I always stick with a vodka and club soda with lots of lemon and lime. Drink lots of water before meal and after and have fun!!!! it is very empowering to make healthy choices.sending love your way:drinker:
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I did good today for the most part. I didn't go over board with anything really but I didn't do 2 Zumba classes like I usually do because I was way too wobbly! My muscles are struggling lol. I didn't do the mini challenge today but I plan on doing tomorrows and todays tomorrow. I will do it and there will be no excuses.:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today was not as good as i'd hoped for eating but i came under my intake goal so it's okay. also exercising for the first time in weeks is KILLING me. i feel like my limbs are just going to fall off... at least i know it's working :devil:

Andrea you always make me feel SO motivated in your posts! everyone's going so good woot woot we're gonna kick *kitten* this christmas. keep pushing forward guys :)
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hubby came home from work yesterday after calling in Thorntons and bringing me home 3 bags of toffee chocs as they were on offer. Absolutely gutted. I told him to put them in the cupboard until either he ate them or I'd lost enough to treat myself. 100g = 493 calories I won't be eating a lot of them.
  • pinkakira1
    Options
    Uhg I hurt so bad! I am doing yesterdays mini challenge and I am a little nervous my arms might fall off. Lol I keep thinking of how happy I will be Friday morning! :cry:
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Uhm... hi?

I just joined this... my goal is to lose 17lbs by Christmas (7 I've gained back over the summer after having lost 30 before the summer) and 10 more down.

I added myself to the spreadsheet, hope that's ok - weighed today, so not quite Monday, but we'll see what happens!

Decided to get back into exercise by doing 10 minute trainer (lots of different 10 minute ones on youtube) and Wii Yoga and get back to jogging and walking. Not easy to find the time with 4 kids (3 of them under 5!) but I'm doing those 40 minutes minimum at night now after they're in bed. Beats sitting on the couch anyday, right!? Right!

So... we WILL do this! :D
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.. X
  • andreaie
    Options
    Hubby came home from work yesterday after calling in Thorntons and bringing me home 3 bags of toffee chocs as they were on offer. Absolutely gutted. I told him to put them in the cupboard until either he ate them or I'd lost enough to treat myself. 100g = 493 calories I won't be eating a lot of them.

You know why I gave up chocolate Hun? Because I had to work over time on the spin bike just to make sure I burned off the cals I'd eating... Although it tastes nice it just wasn't worth it for a few minutes of chocolate xx you have control over your own mind Lisa abd we all know it's mind over matter... 493 cals is about 2 hours brisk walk!! You got this we only have 11 weeks xx
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have my squats and lunges in and I lost 3 lbs for the week. Did water aerobics. I saved my calories for a chocolate treat and two small pieces of Godiva came up 100 calories. Hope the calorie counters here are correct? It was worth the sacrifice

Katrena
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ack, today wasn't as good! My eating was okay, but I couldn't exercise because I literally had no time :( Which just means that I'll have to get up early and bust it 2x tomorrow :happy:

Eye on the prizeeeee!
  • loischapman
    Options
    Thats right eysee on the prizeee..good luck today.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    [/quote

oooo that was nice of him ...not lol....sounds a lot like my man who helps me with cooking cuz i have done it so much lately blah blah and brings home an extra large meat lovers pizza!!!! Say what?!?!? lol Men- gotta love'em:laugh: ....funny part is...he is trying to lose some weight too - always complaining about his stomach ....starves himself for 3 days then does this....its like that is not helping babe!! :noway:
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have my squats and lunges in and I lost 3 lbs for the week. Did water aerobics. I saved my calories for a chocolate treat and two small pieces of Godiva came up 100 calories. Hope the calorie counters here are correct? It was worth the sacrifice

Katrena

Awesome wt loss K:):)
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am having a bad week! Well I have had 2 good days and 2 bad days in terms of food.

Problems are:
    V V busy week, and I am really bad for going for convenience food when I'm busy

Just had my birthday so lots of cake / choc / wine around!

And not been able to fit my exercise in due to being busy - normally do hockey twice a week and running twice a week (as well as dog walking daily) so am feeling a bit sluggish. Obv I am still walking the dog but it's not quite the same!
  • pinkakira1
    Options
    I went off the deep end yesterday. I keep kicking myself in the butt... I am going to two days of mini challenges I miss. I can't believe this early I am off the horse! Huh! I blame stress from work. I had a hard day yesterday but I will not stress over stuff I can not control. Its not worth my wasteline expanding! Lets do it girls!
  • andreaie
    Options
    Come on girls!!! We have 4 days down don't let one bad hour slip into the next bad hour cause if you do it will turn into a bad DAY!! Get straight back on it as soon as it happens... We are all only human and we all fall off the horse now and again but what is going to make us succeed is the fact that we get back on it straight away!!!! Let's make these next 3 days the best we possibly could... I am already feeling the benefits of this challenge .. Xxxx
  • pinkakira1
    Options
    Come on girls!!! We have 4 days down don't let one bad hour slip into the next bad hour cause if you do it will turn into a bad DAY!! Get straight back on it as soon as it happens... We are all only human and we all fall off the horse now and again but what is going to make us succeed is the fact that we get back on it straight away!!!! Let's make these next 3 days the best we possibly could... I am already feeling the benefits of this challenge .. Xxxx

Well put andrea I need a little kick in the butt right now!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I tried the steps which are outside. They are about 5" and I held onto the rail. I was able to do 50 which surprized me. Will do water aerobics tomorrow. Have had difficulty getting my walks in because it is getting darker earlier and mealtimes interfere. Will strive to do better tomorrow, better walk earlier.

Got off track on calories today because at last minutes went out to eat. Did make fairly wise choices, no desserts or real fatty foods. And yesterday I was way under. Don't want to get complacent and start cheating. Really want to accomplish this goal because I've had so many failures one sucess will go a long way towards building my self esteem.
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday so feeling a bit more positive about today! Food wasn't great but made up for it with a run and walking the dog twice!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of input so far....doing ok I think. Done some sort of workout every day (oh apart from Wed), including Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Running and a kettlebell workout. Food choices not been too bad either, everything is accounted for anyway, even the not so healthy stuff. If anyone from this group wants to add me as a friend please feel free, almost forgot about it!!! :flowerforyou:

Fran x