older games

Options

Replies

• madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bust out Suikoden every now and then. Such a great series that evolved into absolute garbage.

I'm right there with you. It did redeem itself a little with 5, though. I'm lucky enough to have the original discs for all of them.
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    One of my goals for upcoming snow days is to work through the Deus Ex series, including Operation: Snowblind. Those will be good days.
  • darlingdynamoxo
    Options
    I've been killing Devil May Cry again. I can't believe how much I've missed that game.

Also, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. I must have spent hundreds of dollars on it in the arcade. "Green archer needs food badly" Thanks for reminding me booming god voice.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    check out Five Iron Frenzys "the wizzard needs food badly" music video (sorry off topic but the green archer needs food badly reminded me of it)
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm still in love with Final Fantasy Tactics, after all of these years. Turn-based style, and how you can customize your party members.....I really like it.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My son just discovered Mega Man. I have the Anthology collection for the Gamecube. It was so much fun watching a seven year old of today, go through the fustrations of my days when that game originally came out.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    My son just discovered Mega Man. I have the Anthology collection for the Gamecube. It was so much fun watching a seven year old of today, go through the fustrations of my days when that game originally came out.

Glad he is able to enjoy it while he can. Was announced not too long ago that MegMan is no more... :(
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I still will play and love the original Legend of Zelda games. I absolutely suck at them, but I love them so much! ;-) Megaman, Metroid and Mario are at the top of the list, too. I know in a lot of ways Nintendo seems to have fallen from grace recently, but I will always consider them my #1 ;-)
  • elrickis1337
    Options
    nintendo is great but Super Nintendo was always the system i loved :)
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Snes emulators just make the world seem so much more... colourful!
  • elrickis1337
    Options
    yes they do i was jamming out some super mario RPG with my son and my wife made a comment about going old school when she saw it lol
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    FFVII, FFVIII, FFX. The entire Metal Gear Series, including the new ones. Crystalis from NES. Megaman. Mario 2. Excitebike! Double Dragon, and Ninja Turtles of old.

Edit: Super mario rpg was sooooo much fun.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Baldur's Gate series was a blast.

Genuinely enjoyed Duke Nukem.

Raptor was fun.

Ultima for the NES.

Hmm, so many others >.>
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Probably one of my all-time favorites that scared the crap out of me was Dungeons of Daggorath for the Tandy Color Computer 2. It was a text driven dungeon crawler where your mental and physical health was monitored by a loud, beating heart while you played.

It was terrifying at the time. I just found out out someone ported it over to Windows a few years ago if anyone would like to check it out.

http://mspencer.net/daggorath/dodpcp.html
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Legend Of Zelda! I finished Majora's Mask last week and managed to 100% it again. Now I'm working on Skyward Sword.
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been playing Wild Arms:Alter Code F for PS2 (it's nice to see the differences from the original) . I love that my PS3 plays all my older games (not that I've gotten rid of my PS1 or PS2). And the Wii store has older Nintendo games, so I've also been playing Super Mario RPG, and Secret of Evermore.

I also like the Star Ocean series, and we cannot forget Dragon Quest/ Dragon Warrior! I used to pretend to be sick so that I could stay home from school to play Dragon Warrior on my brother's Nintendo....
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Lunar is one of my favorite RPGs and ive heard Phantasy Star was better but i never had a sega :( (Lunar i played on PS1 had the cloth map and everything)

my wife just deleted my CT save file on her computer and it made me super sad :( lol

what abotu the Lufia series anyone play that one?

and DRMerc i always have gamerwood :)

Lunar is also one of my favorites!! I have the cloth map box set too. Did you also play Lunar 2? I had Dark Cloud 2 but not the original.

Right now I'm currently again playing Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. I love tactical RPG's, especially the ones from Nippon Ichi.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm still in love with Final Fantasy Tactics, after all of these years. Turn-based style, and how you can customize your party members.....I really like it.

One of my favorite games, and also probably the game I've put the most hours into! I got it for PSP as well and was pretty annoyed by the slow load times, but not even that could get in the way of me enjoying that game.

I'm a big fan of SNES jRPGs; FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II... and has anyone else here played Illusion of Gaia? That game was a lot of fun.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options

One of my favorite games, and also probably the game I've put the most hours into! I got it for PSP as well and was pretty annoyed by the slow load times, but not even that could get in the way of me enjoying that game.

I'm a big fan of SNES jRPGs; FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II... and has anyone else here played Illusion of Gaia? That game was a lot of fun.

*high five*
    hell yea! I played Illusion of Gaia, I think Soul Blazer was the sequel, and Terranigma was the 3rd in the series but considered a spiritual successor? I could have it all wrong, but one thing is for sure, I miss those old types of RPGs, they had more soul to them than the current gen RPGs
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Sim City 2000