frumpy no more!

Options
So here I am, 45 years old. They say the 40's are the new 30's but the way I feel lately is more like 70's. I wake up in the morning, my back hurts, my knees hurt & my ankles hurt. No more! Time to take charge of my life again and start acting as young as I feel on the inside!
So glad I found this site! Looks like its the perfect tool for keeping on track & reaching my goals!
Good luck to you all...

Replies

• bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know exactly how you feel. It annoys me that my body is defying me at the tender young age of 44. However, I continue to push on and this site is a great place to stay accountable and motivated. Good luck to you.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you can do it!, there are wonderful people here to help you!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    So here I am, 45 years old. They say the 40's are the new 30's but the way I feel lately is more like 70's. I wake up in the morning, my back hurts, my knees hurt & my ankles hurt. No more! Time to take charge of my life again and start acting as young as I feel on the inside!
    So glad I found this site! Looks like its the perfect tool for keeping on track & reaching my goals!
    Good luck to you all...

Oh my! That is EXACTLY why I'm here too!
    I'm 44, and it struck me a few months ago that I felt like I was 80. I was tired of being tired, and hurting, and unmotivated.....

Just 13lbs later, and with a new exercise program in place, I feel like I'm 40 again...and working towards feeling BETTER than I did when I was 30 :)

(If you're interested, the Couch-2-5K is a FANTASTIC program to follow!) :)
  • elle0567
    Options
    awesome hearing from you ladies! Sites like these are so amazing. Makes you realize that you're not alone...
    Good luck on your journey girls! I'm here if you need me!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I will be 49 later this month and my goal a year ago was to be fitter by 50 than I was at 30. A year to go and I'm already there!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This site rocks. I love MFP it the best. People support each other. Good luck on your journey to healthy living. Peace
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and feel wonderful since I've started my journey to a healthier me. Best wishes for your journey and remember, it is a journey not a sprint. Plan ahead. Plan everything. When you will exercise, what you'll eat, plan, plan, plan.
  • marshamccorkle
    Options
    Your title sounds like the goal I have set for myself. I am on a life changing journey too. Good luck to you.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    Physically, I feel fine. It makes me happy to see that I can follow the 30 year olds at the gym in Circuit training. At 44, I feel better than I did two years ago. My main goal is to tone up what gravity wants to pull down, what energy pre-menopause and low thyroid is trying to take away from me! lol

You can do this! The biggest step is doing something about it.