Do you let your dog/s sleep on the bed?

Options

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Nope....I love my two Rotweilers with all my heart....but hell no to the bed....those two are rambunctious during the day and wrestle in the yard for hours.....therefore....who knows what they were rolling in. Plus they shed like crazy....I like to know that my bed is clean and I don't need to wash my sheets before getting naked and having sex in dog hair and dirt!

If I had one dog.....I would consider it because they don't get as dirty as quick. But my two love to get dirty! As soon as they are done getting a bath....they drop and roll. LOL Gotta love them! :happy:
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Nope. We are large ppl with large dogs and a queen size bed. One might like too but the other LOVES her crate. The second she hears my husband set the house alarm, she runs and dives in.

And yep...
    ...those two are rambunctious during the day and wrestle in the yard for hours.....therefore....who knows what they were rolling in. Plus they shed like crazy....I like to know that my bed is clean and I don't need to wash my sheets before getting naked and having sex in dog hair and dirt!
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes. And sometimes if I get to the bedroom early enough I'm even allowed to pick which side of the bed I want to sleep on. :smile:
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have two large dogs (you can see them in my picture). My 88 lb brown boy, Max, sleeps on the floor right next to me at night. Oliver, my 70 lb white and black pup sleeps on my feet most of the time.
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Usually not. My husband is a light sleeper and Lucia (an adorable Italian Greyhound - check out my ticker) has sharp nails. But occasionally he lets her sleep with us, like if I have been away on a business trip for a few days. I sometimes miss her more than I miss him LOL.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    No, we have two dogs and they are not even allowed upstairs. They were crated by their previous owner which is really handy as they travel so well and we have a boot-sized crate in our estate car which they love. We still have one individual crate downstairs although only our Westie still uses it. Our Schnauzer usually sleeps in his pet bed although they often also sleep on the sofas.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    YES! Bailey is a ****-a-poo & is a big snuggler. He starts at my feet but by morning his heads on the other pillow beside me & I wouldn't have it any other way. :love:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I looked back at my previous post from February and, little did I know at the time, but we got a new Golden Retriever in April. He is now going on 7 months. Like our previous dog, we kept him crated downstairs in the living room at first, which worked out fine. When summer was over and my wife (teacher) went back to school and two stepchildren went off to college, he had to spend a lot more time in the crate during the day. So, we started bringing him up to our bedroom at night--but not in the bed. We brought up a bean bag chair and there is a plush loveseat in one corner.

He is doing fine--although he wanders around to several different spots throughout the night. The funny thing is that, if he goes in the bedroom ahead of me, he immediately jumps up into the bed and settles in "my" spot, right next to my wife. For now, however, he is unceremoniously booted out and put on the floor. We decided we are going to wait awhile before he gets full bed privileges.

It's just remarkable to have two completely different dogs, raised under different circumstances, but who inherently exhibit the exact same behavior. Must be a breed tendency.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Yes. All 4 of them.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    About once a month we let our smallest dog(4 pounds), sleep with us for about 1/2 the night.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Do I let them? Sometimes...

Do they sleep on the bed (and under the covers) regardless? Yes...

LOL this.
  • anie8989
    anie8989 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My puppy definitely sleeps on the bed. He's a 80lb 6 month old pure bred black lab! And my boyfriend and I only have a full bed!. Needless to say the puppy gets the bed to himself most nights. lol. Lately though, when we gets up, he will get on the other side of a boyfriend and sleep there, while putting his head on the pillow, it's rather cute :) So there is a boyfriedn sandwich between me and the puppy. But he doesn't stay on the bed for the entire night, he will get down and lay either in the kitchen or just on the floor. But when morning comes and he knows were about to wake up, he will jump on the bed and literally lay on us.

But I don't change anything about that, he is our "baby" and part of our little family.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Oh hells no!!! LOL I have two Rottweilers and they sleep downstairs.....They play really rough therefore trudge a lot of dirt around cuz the smaller one usually ends up on on his back rolling and covered in slobber! LOL Not to mention all the dust/mud considering they killed a lot of the grass in the yard....Its impossible to give them a bath everyday just so they could hop into the bed!! LOL

But they get plenty of cuddle time..just not in the bed!! LOL
    [/quote
    I'm with you! I also have 2 Rottweilers, A 128 pound girl and 124 pound boy. There would be no room for me and my husband. Besides they like it on their twin bed next to us! Spoiled Rotten Rottens!]
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    We crate trained them originally when we first got our two, but when I went away for a few months for work, my husband let them up on the bed. Don't mind it much if they can lay still and I get plenty of room before they get settled lol. Now, they tend to choose where they want to sleep; lately it's been on the chairs in the living room just outside the bedroom, other times it's their dog beds on the bedroom floor. Rarely they'll sleep on the bed anymore, unless there's a thunderstorm, then the puppy will either hide under the bed or burrowed deep into my back on the bed! LOL
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My dogs have 8 beds, I have 1. Two of them sleep with me, one will sleep at the foot of my bed in her own bed because she doesn't get along with the other female and is old and set in her ways. For two 7 lbs pups, they take up more room than I do!!

Okay.. to update, only one dog sleeps with me now as my booze hound is a lazy bum and pees wherever.. =P So now two are banished to the kitchen with puppy pads and my little man (who is now snoring!!) sleeps with me.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My IG sleeps under the covers with us, she only weighs like 13lbs but os soo leggy it feels like there are 10 dogs under the covers LOL... We don;t care we lover to pieces...
  • Rukisses2006
    Rukisses2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have one Mini Fox Terrier (named Justice) that's about 15 pounds and he sleeps in our bed because we've had him since he was 6 weeks old and never would sleep alone. A few months ago we got another mix breed dog that was supposed to stay under 10 lbs but is already about 14 lbs and he sleeps in the bathroom with the door shut. For some reason the new puppy (Oscar) can only sleep in the bathroom on a large pillow. We've tried to get our older dog Justice to sleep on a pillow or small dog bed next to our bed but we still haven't had any luck.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    No. Next to the bed, under end table, on his heating pad. Just the right amount of togetherness :indifferent:
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My cats have their own beds and their own bedroom.

On particularly cold winter nights I can sometimes hear them poking their head into my room and curling up by the foot of my bed.
    I don't shoo them as they don't do it all the time. (My bed is heated in the winter months)
  • taffymangos
    taffymangos Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yes, our pets sleep with us, two cats and one dauchshund. and they take up alot of space. not to mention they are toasty prefect for winter nights. :laugh: