ok, this is officially the worst PMS ever

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Gah. I'd been doing so well, but this month SUCKS! Cramps since saturday. It's hard to know when it's "due" because I went 60 days, then 20, then 13, then 24 lol.

Start already. I'm 4LBS up with water weight, which always sucks.

There's definitely wine in my forecast.

Dear husband called and asked what he should bring home for dinner. I said whatever he wants. Good thing he's a healthy eater lol.

ok. I'm done whining. :smile:

Replies

• workshy000
    workshy000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My whole cycle is unpredictable and emotionally cataclysmic at times. One foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I know how you feel. My whole cycle is unpredictable and emotionally cataclysmic at times. One foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on.
    Emotionally cataclysmic. I like that. That sums it up perfectly.
  • parallax693
    Options
    I feel your pain. I've been going through the exact same thing. I try to lose a little weight between periods because around that time it's impossible and the water weight sucks. I'll be glad when this is over with.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    This sounds dreadful, Sabine! I'm sorry you are suffering so much with PMS like this.

I haven't been lurking in this group lately, as I've been at the gym more than home, and working, so pardon me if you have mentioned this before. Do you exercise regularly?

I am finding that at least for me, the cramps are almost non-existent now that I'm getting in about 75 to 90 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. I had no cramps this last cycle, and was shocked. I'm usually on 2 Aleve pills for a day or two leading up to TOM, then during the first day or two, to keep the worst of the pain at bay. I needed none this last time. I can't speak for what's coming up, since each month is different as I am sneaking up on my 46th birthday next month, so I am happy to have the one without cramps, at least.

The hard exercising (and sweating!) is also keeping the water gain at bay, although part of that may be that I'm working hard to keep my sodium intake below 2,500 most days if possible. Tomorrow I'll be bloated, I know, due to having Olive Garden's soup/salad/breadsticks. MFP and Olive Garden say that what I ate totals over 4,700 mg of sodium! Yikes.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    This sounds dreadful, Sabine! I'm sorry you are suffering so much with PMS like this.

I haven't been lurking in this group lately, as I've been at the gym more than home, and working, so pardon me if you have mentioned this before. Do you exercise regularly?

I am finding that at least for me, the cramps are almost non-existent now that I'm getting in about 75 to 90 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. I had no cramps this last cycle, and was shocked. I'm usually on 2 Aleve pills for a day or two leading up to TOM, then during the first day or two, to keep the worst of the pain at bay. I needed none this last time. I can't speak for what's coming up, since each month is different as I am sneaking up on my 46th birthday next month, so I am happy to have the one without cramps, at least.

The hard exercising (and sweating!) is also keeping the water gain at bay, although part of that may be that I'm working hard to keep my sodium intake below 2,500 most days if possible. Tomorrow I'll be bloated, I know, due to having Olive Garden's soup/salad/breadsticks. MFP and Olive Garden say that what I ate totals over 4,700 mg of sodium! Yikes.

Smiles. Yes, I exercise very regularly.
    And added running to the mix when menopause hit. I run about 70 miles a month.
    Today, with cramps, I ran 5k and then rode my bike to work and back (I did skip my weight training class due to a conflicting meeting). Sunday after the cramps and PMS hit I ran 8 miles.
    As of tonight, cramps are gone, PMS is abating and no period.
    I'm about to call it a false alarm lol
    thanks for the ideas though!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    gee, thank god there is someone out there like me,, since i started working out more, i am all over the place!, sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some time i want to be a guy!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mm, I took a little turn coming of the beach today, a little breathless with that whoosh feeling in my head. lasted about 2 minutes but.......... Am now able to recognise it for what it is.

Not the worst Sabine, hope you are getting over yours!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    gee, thank god there is someone out there like me,, since i started working out more, i am all over the place!, sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,, some time i want to be a guy!

Right now, exercising seems to be making me more regular again. Or maybe I would be anyway? I don't know it seems like the times that I am irregular coincide with times I am not exercising regularly. But with this crazy hormone thing, who really knows?

Sabine, good to hear that the pain leveled off.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options

Today, with cramps, I ran 5k and then rode my bike to work and back (I did skip my weight training class due to a conflicting meeting). Sunday after the cramps and PMS hit I ran 8 miles.

You run 70 miles a MONTH? You are a goddess, Sabine!! Does running make the cramps go away, or at least soothe them? Any activity seems to help me.

I hope you continue to feel better.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

You run 70 miles a MONTH? You are a goddess, Sabine!! Does running make the cramps go away, or at least soothe them? Any activity seems to help me.

I hope you continue to feel better.
    Running doesn't make the cramps "go away" but it does dull them. And it definitely helps with the teeth grinding crankiness!

Meanwhile: it's now been 6 days and nada. I love menopause. NOT
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Wait, what????
    After a week of the worst PMS ever I got my period on the 7th. It lasted til the 11th.
    And returned again today.

Can I be done now? LOL
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Oh, yuck. I was getting it once every 2 weeks for awhile, but it has been back to normal again for awhile.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Oh, yuck. I was getting it once every 2 weeks for awhile, but it has been back to normal again for awhile.
    I envy you. And hope to be you soon. :-)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm really hating this. I'm so glad I found this thread so I know what is going on with me. I had 2 cycles in August then a normal 28 day in September and I've been preparing for my period for the past 3 weeks now and it still isn't here. I bought a pregnancy test too just to be sure. This just down and out stinks.