5 Day Puch Test Q's

Options
medea5
medea5 Posts: 38 Member
I've been curious about this "test" for a while now. I have regained 20 lbs. in the last years since reaching my goal. I want to do the pouch test to kind of jump start my weight loss but to also get back in touch with my pouch. I want to hear from you guys before I decide to do it. So I have some questions.

Have you tried the 5 day pouch test?
What was you experience/results?
Have you consulted your surgeon and/or nutritionist about it?
What did they say?
Would you do it again if needed?

Replies

• pattimelz
    pattimelz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my dr is sending me for a endoscopy to measure the size of it I'm 12 years out I am now seeing a bariatric doctor to go over my food and exercise plans
  • smokeywolf57
    Options
    I have a couple friend who did the 5 day test to restart their weight loss because they have stalled out for a couple months and they are loosing like 3-4 lbs. doing it
  • medea5
    Options
    my dr is sending me for a endoscopy to measure the size of it I'm 12 years out I am now seeing a bariatric doctor to go over my food and exercise plans

Oh, good luck with that. I had an endoscopy a couple weeks after my surgery, it was incredibly annoying. I did email my nutritionist about the test. We'll see what she says, she may ask me to come in to do another endoscopy D:

Thanks for the feedback, smokey. Do you know if your friends feel better about listening to their pouch agian after doing the test?
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am one month out from RNY. What is a pouch test?
  • medea5
    Options
    I am one month out from RNY. What is a pouch test?

You can learn more about it here http://5daypouchtest.com/index.html
  • medea5
    Options
    Well if anyone is interested this is what my nutritionist had to say about it
    It sound like it is a good idea to guide you back to eating lean protein and
    not so many simple carbs such as pasta, bread, rice, etc.
    I would say do it once to help you remember when you feel full.
    Will need to limit your calories to around 1000-1200 calories and making
    sure protein intake is at least 70 grams per day
    Also make sure physical activity is no less than 60 minutes daily.
    I'll be starting on monday if anyone would like to join me.