Please help!!!

Options
I began Dukan diet about 16 days ago. I started with attack phase for 10 days and only lost 4 lbs. I thought I must have done something wrong. I did it for 6 more days and lost only 1 lb. I am so frustrated. Can someone with more experience please help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I have been able to lose weight in the past normally. I live with stress because I have an autistic child that is not new to me. I am drinking plenty of water. I am trying to be more active. Am I still eating too much fat? I start cruise phase today but feel like I will just gain back the 1 lb.

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing awesome. Except staying on attack too long.. you can email the dukan people from their website to validate.

To be perfectly honest, I follow the dukan diet AND counted calories. (I was on lose it till my friends told me about MFP, which I like much, much more). (dukan tells me I don't have to count calories, but I did anyway)

Try logging what you eat and doing Dukan. If you are not on the cruise phase, that could be your problem. Also, after attack I would lose less than 1/2 a pound a week and then suddenly 3 or 4 would fall off.

Dukan preaches 20 minutes a day walk and 1 day standing at least.. sounds like you are getting that, but wear a pedometer, fit bit or nike fuel band to see how many calories you are burning. Seriously, you can get a better idea that way.

Keep up the good work... I think you are doing great.
  • fmonty
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I could stand to make myself walk more. I am also going to make myself get on the cruise phase. MFP has me at 1200 calories a day and I have mostly been staying under that. Is that too low? Thanks for the advice.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Can't help you with the calories on food - I have been eating (before exercise) in the 1300-1600 range. I am 5'8"...and 53 years old, and small boned.. and heck, we are all different anyway.

My mantra was not to get in a hurry. staying the same one week and as little as 1/2 pound loss a week made me happy!
  • Road_2_success
    Road_2_success Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How is your water intake? That may be an issue if your not drinking enough water.
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Also, what proteins are you eating, and how much salt do you add? When I eat mostly stuff like steak on pure protein, I add a lot of salt, so extra weight is normally water retention. On the other hand, when I cook fish or chicken, I use a lot more spices, so not as salty... I also stick to 1200 calories a day, you will still be adding carbs on protein and veg days, but only good carbs, (the ones from vegetables I reckon are good carbs...) And non fat or low fat milk also still has carbs. I try and stick to less than 60 carbs a day... Good luck!
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It was similar for me, I barely lost anything in the first week, only after that did it gradually go down. I would say make sure tha tyou are eating enough, and not so little that your body is slowing down everything and burning less, that's counter productive. For me, it was awfully hard in the Attack phase or the pure protein days to eat 1200 kcal a day! Try cutting out the dairy to see if it helps, and remember that the slower you lose the weight, the less of a yo-yo effect it can have and the longer it will stay off!