zucchini noodles

Options
debk3p2
debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
For those of you who make zucchini noodles. What is the process? Do you sweat them? Boil them separately then add them to your sauce? I made them the other night and added them directly to my spaghetti sauce - they were good but a little firm and watery. What's the best method?

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I sautee mine in a little butter & evoo usually with a little crushed garlic & black pepper. I do this before adding any sauce.
  • debk3p2
    Options
    Thanks. Will try that!
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just eat them raw....top them with whatever I make - a meat sauce, eggplant caponata or diced tofu/chicken. If the sauce is hot it will wilt the noodles just a touch. If not they stay nice and crunchy. I like them either way!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have a spiral slicer (similar to what a Sushi chef uses), and use the appropriate spiral-blade to create thick noodle cuts. I do a pan saute with butter, herbs, gahhhhhhhlic and fresh tomato. About 3 minutes. And then I empty the entire pan into my noodle bowl. If its cooked (aldente) right, it should not fall apart.

I also like them raw in my bowl, portion of butter and then ladle my homemade marinara right on top, then the other vegetables and meats, and of course freshly shaved parmesan....
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you slice them up or use a potato peeler to cut them up. Then put a little salt on them in a strainer in the sink and let them sit for a bit. then rince them and pat them dry with papper towel they have a better texture and are not wet. When I do it with the potato peeler I don't cook them you can but don't really need two. If I just slice them thin and do this same process sometimes I will saute them with a little butter and garlic. Hope that helps a bit
  • debk3p2
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to try them again over the weekend - hopefully with better results.