Advice on my diary

Options
zynx1234
zynx1234 Posts: 73 Member
Hello all
Well.... I need advice or help. Can you read through my diary and give me some advice so I can get the scale moving.

Things to note. I am constantly refining my diet. I have finally cut out the process fake sugar stuff.I think the last two week have been great. I rarely exsercise. I am working on getting some in so that I can increase my calories. IMO i think my problem is the excersize and I need to do a better job watch calories. Also I am almost done with my sunflower seeds and cream. When I finish those, they will be cut as well. I have been meaning to cut dairy. and I wanna get rid of all seeds/nuts to see it they may be causing me to not lose. Also I like my gum. I do not like bad breath as I work in an office with people quite closely.

Thanks

and be gentle... I am sensitive :smile:

Also in the three total months I have been at this I have lost 5-7 lbs... so the scale is slightly moving

Replies

• ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks great. Like seriously great.

Give it time. IIRC you just recently straightened your menus out. You are there now! Give it a few weeks.

Also drink water. Drink a ton of water. Like 8-12 8oz glasses a day.

And exercise to the best of your ability. If this means a 15 minute walk then do that. Don't restrict yourself to having to get dressed up and go to the gym for an hour. Get in to a routine, figure out what works best in your schedule and make it a priority.

Stick with it! You've got the food part down! Don't let the scale get you down!
  • zynx1234
    Options
    Thanks zipper... I am working hard on my diary so that I can make it a lifetime change.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    Well.... I need advice or help. Can you read through my diary and give me some advice so I can get the scale moving.

Things to note. I am constantly refining my diet. I have finally cut out the process fake sugar stuff.I think the last two week have been great. I rarely exsercise. I am working on getting some in so that I can increase my calories. IMO i think my problem is the excersize and I need to do a better job watch calories. Also I am almost done with my sunflower seeds and cream. When I finish those, they will be cut as well. I have been meaning to cut dairy. and I wanna get rid of all seeds/nuts to see it they may be causing me to not lose. Also I like my gum. I do not like bad breath as I work in an office with people quite closely.

Thanks

and be gentle... I am sensitive :smile:

Also in the three total months I have been at this I have lost 5-7 lbs... so the scale is slightly moving

Without knowing which low-carb lifestyle you chose to follow, there is definitely some room for improvement from what I have viewed the last few week's worth of your food logs...

Rule #1 - never rely on MFP's food database to be 100% accurate... maybe 25% of it is, but its a poor database... even the owners said the same thing to me in my last few conversations with them.

For the food items you ate such as strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce, etc - dont rely on an entry that says "per slice"... You really need to weigh the food out. Calorieking.com is a free website that gives you accurate nutritional data information. You can easily weigh by grams, ounces, and by changing the amount of the ounce or gram... the data automatically calculates the information for you! Awesome tool actually!

You tend to focus on brand name deli meats - those are processed meats. Keep things as clean/fresh as possible: purchase a natural ham (one that has not been cured/treated), whole turkey, whole chicken, etc. Roast them off at home when you want to consume animal proteins.

Your carb intake is way too low in the morning. Consider this picture: You are getting up first thing in the morning after having slept for a good 6,8 or so hours. Your cortisol levels are at their highest between 5am-8am - the body is no longer using the liver at this point and upon waking, your brain is kicking in those hunger signals... You need to fuel your body for breakfast. Yes, protein does fill you up... however, your body still needs the healthy carbs to get yourself physiologically going in the morning. It will help better balance the nutrition taken in until the next time you get the hunger signals.

Make sure you get a good balance in. Right now, you are about half and half. It would be better to get more healthy carbs coming from vegetables, and not so much from the dairy. Too much dairy can actually contribute to a slow weight loss, if not, an outright stall.

The one thing that definitely comes to picture is that your daily calories are not consistent. Some days you are way over, others under, and you had some days where you didnt record anything at all - that part, I dont know if you were sick, were away from a computer to log, or you just forgot... logging everything and eating when you should be is very important.

Do not discredit nuts altogether, but focus on the better choices of nuts and seeds. Find a better balance with them.

Today's intake is below 1200 calories... you really do need to consider a daily caloric balance - especially, where you have said "constantly refining my diet"... this is counter productive unfortunately and might very well be part of your very slow weight loss.

Any type of change you make, you need to give your body the absolute minimum 4-6 weeks to adapt to the change. Your body is going to get confused, ergo the extremely slow weight loss.

You mentioned you think the problem is with the exercise. You are not logging your exercise at all.

If you truly are exercising, you are not eating nearly enough food. NEVER net below 1200... Im telling you right now its not good..... this very issue is exactly why I posted a real life situation that just happened at work....

Get an HRM to calculate a closely-accurate caloric burn. If your caloric intake minus the caloric burn falls below 1200, you definitely need to eat more food.

If you dont want to spend the time entering the exercising... then consider visiting http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ this is a free BMR/TDEE tool that once you enter your information, it will help calculate (based on your answers), your BMR, your TDEE and what your cut should be (TDEE-15% is the average).... Those calories, you would not need to enter in your exercise, nor would you have to eat them back.

Hope this helps!
  • zynx1234
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I will consider it all and check out the links. There is definately some things I need to work on.... like regulating my calories or just being consistent in my tracking. And I agree I need to increase my veggies.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I will consider it all and check out the links. There is definately some things I need to work on.... like regulating my calories or just being consistent in my tracking. And I agree I need to increase my veggies.

Embrace and be at peace with all that is rabbit food! 8-)