pasta recipes?

Options
Hey yall! What are some of yall favorite healthy pasta recipes? I'm tired of the same ole same ole!

Replies

• BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    well, this here Pasta Salad is probably in the "same ol, same ol" catagory,
    but, i LOVE it.

It's quick, easy, cheap to make, and great for HOT weather days. Hope the link below works, which has calorie count, says it is 170 calories per cup.
    BUT, one could use low fat dressing, and reduce the parmesan, if you wanted to cut calories even more.

guess you will have to copy and paste this link:
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/fresh-green-bean-pasta-salad-91958.aspx#

^I have used chopped green peppers in place of the green beans, when the garden is giving us more green peppers than we can eat. I just chopped them fairly small,and did not cook the green peppers in any way.

Black olives, sliced, are nice in this, too.

That site, Kraftrecipes.com has LOTS of pasta recipes, and each one, has the calorie count next to the recipe. MOst of the recipes on Kraftrecipes.com can be made lower calorie by tweaking a few ingredients.

On the sidebar of the recipe above, you can easily spot many many many other types of pasta salads.

really, you could probably add ANY vegetables you like into this recipe. GOOD LUCK!!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    For HOT pasta dishes,

This one is not that healthy, at 310 calories per cup,
    but, could be substantially less calories if you made your own sugar-free spaghetti sauce, AND left out the meat.
    but, it's fun to make:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/weeknight-lasagna-toss-95163.aspx

btw, that recipe calls for "oven ready" lasagne, but, ANY lasagne will do. I never ever boil my lasagne anymore, nope, not even in 'real' classic lasagne baked dishes.
    .........guess we shouldn't be talking about lasagne on a diet website, eh? lol.
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi this recipe is certainly different hopefully not too much though. This is very flexible dish just add your favourite veggies to bulk up- 1 like mushrooms but could add peppers or even cabbage . However the carrot adds a necessary sweetness to the savoury spicy taste. Turkey is a godsend for us dieters but has a strong taste so the spices complement it well. Instead of the separate spices you can buy curry powder and use that instead to make it simpler-however i generally find them to be bitter. This has a high turkey to pasta ratio so should also make you feel less hungry. This is quite a comfort food for me which is better the next day. This is not spicy (heatwise) but you can add chillies or tabasco if you want. 550 calories per generous serving.
    Turkey Pasta masala
    For 4 portions
    500g lean turkey mince
    300g dry pasta (wholewheat recommended)
    crushed garlic
    crushed ginger (optional)
    2 tsps cumin
    2 tsps ground coriander
    2 tsps turmeric
    1-2 tablespoons olive oil
    100g chopped vegetable e.g mushrooms cabbage, peppers
    200ml passata or tinned tomatoes chopped
    1 onion sliced
    75g carrot cut into small chunks or sliced (or sweetcorn)
    Hot/boiling water
    Boil up the pasta according to instructions- make sure not overdone as will cook again for 2 mins with meat sauce at end. Drain pasta and leave in pan. While cooking the pasta, in a large skillet brown turkey mince in a tablespoon of oil and remove to a plate. In the same skillet fry garlic in medium hot oil then add spices fry then mix to make a paste. Add a small amount of boiling water say 20-30ml, whenever the spices stick to the bottom of the pan. Don't add too much water, just enough to prevent burning as still need to fry other veggies. Fry onions in spice mixture and brown. Add carrots fry for 2 mins then add mushrooms and turkey mince and stir. Add passata/tomatoes then cook until veggies are done. I aim for a sauce that is dryer than normal bolognase. Add to the pasta and mix cook together for up to 5 mins. Add salt and pepper.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    classico roasted red pepper alfredo sauce only 60 cals
    trader joes just chicken (already cooked chicken strips)
    yellow bell pepper
    snap peas
    seasoned salt
    pepper
    crushed red pepper
    2 TBS olive oil
    Penne pasta....but you could really use any kind you have

put the olive oil in a pan while you cook penne pasta, saute sliced yellow bell pepper with the snap peas for just a few mins, add the chicken season with season salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to your liking. cook until the vegetables are how you like them then add the alfredo sauce. drain the penne pasta and add to the pan stir all the way through and serve. It is so Yummy and only about 340 cals depending on the serving this is for about 1 1/4 cup .....I had it with honeydew and a slice of bread
  • mamaflomo
    mamaflomo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make these and freeze the leftovers so that we can have one as a snack or side dish when we have a particularly low cal main dish.
    I added them to the recipe database and they came out at 168 calories each.

SPAGHETTI CUPCAKES
    from Ragu

8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
    4 eggs, slightly beaten
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
    1-1/2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
    2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz.)

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 12-cup muffin pan set aside.2. Combine spaghetti, eggs, Parmesan cheese and pepper in large bowl. Evenly press into muffin cups to form a “crust”. Evenly top each cup with Pasta Sauce, then mozzarella cheese.3. Bake 15 minutes or until bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
  • mamaflomo
    mamaflomo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here is another. It comes in at 350 calories per serving, but they are big servings... you could easily reduce if you were so inclined.

Spicy Turkey Pasta Sauce
    from Better Homes & Gardens New Dieters Cookbook

9-ounce package refrigerated fettuccine or linguine
    8-ounces uncooked turkey Italian sausage (remove casings, if present)
    1 cup cut up pattypan squash or yellow summer squash
    1 small red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    14 oz jar of pasta sauce (we just used Aldi's Reggiano Pasta Sauce)
    2T shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain
    2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook the sausage, squash, sweet pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown; drain off fat. Stir in the pasta sauce; heat through
    3. Serve sausage mixture over pasta. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese

4 servings

Nutrition Facts per serving:
    350 cal
    10 g total fat (3 g sat fat)
    110 mg chol
    866 mg sodium
    49 g carb
    5 g fiber
    20 g protein

Daily Values
    23% Vit A
    67% Vit C
    11% Calcium
    19% Iron
  • 2012AMB
    2012AMB Posts: 11
    Options
    I just made this recipe for whole wheat pasta with sesame peanut sauce and it was pretty good. I used unsalted peanut butter and it needed a bit more salt to balance the flavors. It came from www.sparkrecipes.com - the site said 244 calories, but I found it was closer to 260 with the pasta that I used. I also topped this with a few chopped peanuts for some crunch.

2 medium green onions, sliced thin
    1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter, creamy
    1 tbsp plus 1 tsp cider vinegar
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1/4 tsp cayenne, or more if you like it hot
    4 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti

Directions

Combine all ingredients except spaghetti.
    Stir the hot spaghetti into the sauce.
    Serve right away for a hot meal, or refrigerate for a cold meal.

Number of Servings: 4