Cannot lift..

Options
I have had an elbow injury for 7 weeks now and I went to the doctor today as it isn't getting better and he thinks it is tendonitis so it looks like I am going to be out of action with the weights for at least another 6+ weeks. I can only do lower body that doesn't involve holding weights - barbell squat, barbell lunge, body weight exercises. My question is, do I still keep a 10-15% cut since I am not doing much lifting? I know EM2WL and heavy go hand in hand..

Replies

• holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I have had an elbow injury for 7 weeks now and I went to the doctor today as it isn't getting better and he thinks it is tendonitis so it looks like I am going to be out of action with the weights for at least another 6+ weeks. I can only do lower body that doesn't involve holding weights - barbell squat, barbell lunge, body weight exercises. My question is, do I still keep a 10-15% cut since I am not doing much lifting? I know EM2WL and heavy go hand in hand..

Are you still doing cardio? I think as long as you're still at the same exercise level, you can keep the same cut regardless of whether or not you're lifting.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you can do lower body you still can do a lot. If you can do squats, deadlifts, etc. you will train a lot of your body. And you can do some HIIT as well. Just stay were you are, unless your activity level changes dramatically.
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I cannot do deadlifts or hold any weight in my hands at all.. I guess I could try them with a dumbbell in one hand.. I will keep my calories the same. I seem to have maintained muscle in my arms for the past 7 weeks so hopefully it stays for another 6 weeks! And yes I am still doing cardio and HIIT.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    You can always put the weight in a back pack and do squats, lunges, step ups that way.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can always put the weight in a back pack and do squats, lunges, step ups that way.

That's brilliant! :laugh:

Maybe use this time to focus on your core. Abs, lower back, etc can always use strengthening and that shouldn't hurt your elbow.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry, my wrong. Well there are always Pistol Squats for lower body or as pp said the idea with a backpack is brilliant as well :)
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I actually have a weighted vest, so I will be using that.