Finally Friday

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. :)

I have a date for tonight - a girl I've seen a few times made plans to cook me dinner and go to an art show near her place. I am going to cancel on her. I feel bad about it, but I've lost interest and don't want to lead her along.

I'm not sure what else will be going on. Probably take Blue somewhere where she can smell things and look for squirrels. She's a cheap date.

Good luck everyone!

If she is making dinner for you please break it off before lunch if you can. She has to do prep work for the dinner so probably would like to know as soon as possible if she doesn't have to do it and can make other plans for the night.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Anyway - this guy- first of all I thought for awhile that he was 31, turns out he's 26, so Im like... fml, you were like... fifth or sixth grade when I was a senior. However, he's an established international corporate lawyer that graduated early from Stanford and he says this makes up for the age difference. I dont know, I kind feel like he might be way more older and more serious than I am.

But he's a six foot three, super strong, charming, cocky, gorgeous, heavy lifting giant that wears glasss sometimes that really likes me, so I made him a little badge that says, Hi My name is Rebound, but Im ambitious. Shrug, he chuckled at the challenge, but whatever.

So he's in Rome right now and wont be back for a couple weeks,

Cripes - if you decide you don't want him after all, send him my way? I've got to go to Italy in a couple of weeks anyway :laugh: Seriously, though - he sounds like he might be worth the effort! :happy:

lol when you edit it like that, it makes the situation seem way less sad LOL
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo its finally Friday!!!

Tonight I will be taking my mother out for dinner for her birthday then later spend time with my new man!!

Saturday - Going to a movie with my man then later that night he is meeting my best friend and her hubby for the first time. He is kinda nervous, ha ha!!

Sunday - It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and my mom is doing the dinner this year. Having dinner with the family. Going to be nice to have the whole family all together for a nice dinner!!

Monday - is a workout day since I have this day off!! And spend time with my man too!!

Happy Friday everyone!!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

If she is making dinner for you please break it off before lunch if you can. She has to do prep work for the dinner so probably would like to know as soon as possible if she doesn't have to do it and can make other plans for the night.

I know, I'm a crappy person for pushing it this late. I was debating whether I should continue to date her and have a good time or cut it off before it gets serious. I wanted to make myself just have fun and enjoy it but I couldn't get into that mindset. Fortunately, she is working until 5:30 PM tonight and specific dinner has not been planned so I am not wasting any kitchen work.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I know, I'm a crappy person for pushing it this late. I was debating whether I should continue to date her and have a good time or cut it off before it gets serious. I wanted to make myself just have fun and enjoy it but I couldn't get into that mindset. Fortunately, she is working until 5:30 PM tonight and specific dinner has not been planned so I am not wasting any kitchen work.

Well, if she's like me she probably did prep work last night (or at least bought the food already). If I was you, I'd just go, eat have a good time. Then not see her again. Don't make plans that evening, don't even allude to wanting to see her again. Thank her for dinner and leave. Then send a nice e-mail telling her you appreciate all that she did but you aren't interested in anything further. Honestly, I think I'd be more p'd if you cancelled on me a few hours before than came, ate and then told me you weren't interested.
  • jesusHchris
    Options

Well, if she's like me she probably did prep work last night (or at least bought the food already). If I was you, I'd just go, eat have a good time. Then not see her again. Don't make plans that evening, don't even allude to wanting to see her again. Thank her for dinner and leave. Then send a nice e-mail telling her you appreciate all that she did but you aren't interested in anything further. Honestly, I think I'd be more p'd if you cancelled on me a few hours before than came, ate and then told me you weren't interested.

I just cancelled. If I went tonight, the assumption would be that there would be a romantic evening and it just felt wrong. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :/
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm taking the non-boyfriend boyfriend on a surprise trip to San Francisco for Fleet Week. They have an airshow and he had mentioned he likes going to them. His birthday was this past Monday so this is his present. It's the first time ever that I've planned a surprise for someone. It's neat to see him SO excited.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I just cancelled. If I went tonight, the assumption would be that there would be a romantic evening and it just felt wrong. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :/

Ah, I didn't realize it was at that "place". You did the right thing. Enjoy your time with Blue.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    TGIF, but I have a cold so that sucks. Tonight, I am meeting bf for dinner depending on how I feel, and if not feeling up to it, he said he would come keep me company for a little while (won't be late since he has to be home at some point since his daughter will be with him for the weekend). Then tomorrow take nieces to gymnastics, then have bday party for stepdad tomorrow night--he wanted low key so will only be him, my mom, my cousin and my aunt and uncle and me and my bf so will be early night. Then Sunday bf, his daughter and her bf were all supposed to take ride to VT to Mt. Snow to check out foliage, etc, but since it is supposed to rain, we are "going to find something else to do".

Happy Weekend to all!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Love the dates and all the active things going on here with the peeps!

Yoovie, you made me chuckle. I facetimed with a fella the other night and I was a giggling mess the whole time. I hate the fact that I'm huge on his screen and I felt on "display". Anywho..

Tonight I have a date with Stunt Man. We'll be doing sushi. :bigsmile:

Tomorrow I'll probably just hang out with the family. There's a beer fest going on but I don't have any beer drinking buddies. Boo.

Sunday, probably just rest.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Wooohooo its finally Friday!!!

Tonight I will be taking my mother out for dinner for her birthday then later spend time with my new man!!

Saturday - Going to a movie with my man then later that night he is meeting my best friend and her hubby for the first time. He is kinda nervous, ha ha!!

Sunday - It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and my mom is doing the dinner this year. Having dinner with the family. Going to be nice to have the whole family all together for a nice dinner!!

Monday - is a workout day since I have this day off!! And spend time with my man too!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for the reminder.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

I was debating whether I should continue to date her and have a good time or cut it off before it gets serious. I wanted to make myself just have fun and enjoy it but I couldn't get into that mindset. Fortunately, she is working until 5:30 PM tonight and specific dinner has not been planned so I am not wasting any kitchen work.

How do you know that? How do you know she didn't spend all last night cleaning, planning, prepping for you, thinking of ways to make it special but still thrown together the last minute? The first time I cooked for BB I spent the whole evening prepping and planning so I could bake the meal right after work, then spent my lunchtime shopping for the extras (drinks, dessert, stuff I don't normally have at the house).

Even if she hasn't done any actual prep, to not have already canceled so she can make other plans seems a bit rude to me. Especially if you already know it's going nowhere.

Edit: I just saw Kristen's response about go and enjoy it, don't be romantic, and then never see her again. I guess everyone has differences of opinion, and hers might be more applicable to your demographic. If it was me, I'd be mad that you came over and ate my food with no intention to see me again. If I had done the prep work, I would have just invited friends over instead and let them eat it. But inviting my friends over at noon is different than inviting them over at 7pm when I just found out you're not coming and they've already made plans.

As for me:
    I'm hosting a going away party tonight.
    Tomorrow me, BB and my friends are going shooting. Then me and BB will catch a football game at his alma mater.
    Sunday is Latin fest in Dallas, also meeting his long-term and best friend.
    Monday I'll begin packing out my house.
  • jesusHchris
    Options

How do you know that? How do you know she didn't spend all last night cleaning, planning, prepping for you, thinking of ways to make it special but still thrown together the last minute? The first time I cooked for BB I spent the whole evening prepping and planning so I could bake the meal right after work, then spent my lunchtime shopping for the extras (drinks, dessert, stuff I don't normally have at the house).

Even if she hasn't done any actual prep, to not have already canceled so she can make other plans seems a bit rude to me. Especially if you already know it's going nowhere.

Because it feels better to think that way inside my head, that's how I know.

You're right, it is incredibly rude. I'm not very good at dating. I realize this. I was undecided on whether or not I could continue having a casual relationship with this person. Throughout the week, her messages to me increased in seriousness and I decided this morning that it would be even more rude of me to play along.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Football. Steelers vs. Eagles and the Steelers defense is finally healthy.
    Go Steelers!! Excited to wear my new personalized jersey this weekend!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I was debating whether I should continue to date her and have a good time or cut it off before it gets serious. I wanted to make myself just have fun and enjoy it but I couldn't get into that mindset. Fortunately, she is working until 5:30 PM tonight and specific dinner has not been planned so I am not wasting any kitchen work.

Yes canceling only a couple hours prior is not the best in this circumstance but I would rather a guy called and canceled with me rather then come have the date then send me an email.

The way he worded the decision I don't think he took it lightly. The relationship seemed to be at the tipping point and he took time to decided what he was feeling before leading her on and showing up at her place. Really there is no optimum way to break a date and everyone agrees to do it sooner rather then later but sometimes that is just not an option.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

You're right, it is incredibly rude. I'm not very good at dating. I realize this. I was undecided on whether or not I could continue having a casual relationship with this person. Throughout the week, her messages to me increased in seriousness and I decided this morning that it would be even more rude of me to play along.

:flowerforyou:

In the end, you did the right thing. It would sting if a guy did this to me, but in the end, he's a "good" guy by not leading me on... even if it's the day of the date.

You could have totally taken advantage of the dinner, her, etc etc so I think you did the right thing and though it's inconvenient, I wouldn't call it rude. I'd say it would had been rude to show up, eat her food, smile and then drop her the next day while all along the night before, you knew in your mind you didn't want her.
  • jesusHchris
    Options

In the end, you did the right thing. It would sting if a guy did this to me, but in the end, he's a "good" guy by not leading me on... even if it's the day of the date.

You could have totally taken advantage of the dinner, her, etc etc so I think you did the right thing and though it's inconvenient, I wouldn't call it rude. I'd say it would had been rude to show up, eat her food, smile and then drop her the next day while all along the night before, you knew in your mind you didn't want her.

Thanks for the flower. That was exactly what I couldn't get over - going and enjoying the date knowing the whole time that I was over her. I could have very easily done just that, slept with her, and then disappeared. I'm practically a hero and should get an award and a reality TV show.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. :flowerforyou:

Ok, I'd be pissed if I did all the prep and got excited about it, but I'd be 10x as pissed if you came over, ate, drank, chatted, kissed and cuddle, maybe had sex, woke up together and then I never saw you again!! :noway:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    And he said he would miss me while I'm gone. Progress!

Awwww :love: :bigsmile:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Thanks for the flower. That was exactly what I couldn't get over - going and enjoying the date knowing the whole time that I was over her. I could have very easily done just that, slept with her, and then disappeared. I'm practically a hero and should get an award and a reality TV show.

I'll cook you supper, how about some lambas bread? :heart:

HAhaaaa