The 90 Days of Will Wall of Success

Options
Please stop by here to share your triumphs and victories!!!

Tell us about when you said no, passed up something that wouldn't further you on your journey, or just simply had a successful day after beating down a "trigger".

Replies

• Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Today is that day for me. Work has a bad habit of providing all the devil's treats. Tim Horton's donuts, cookies, bagels and cream cheese all bought and paid for by work. Then an outside sales rep brought in more bagels and cream cheese. Then the company has a weekly BBQ with sausages and burgers at lunch (which is now) that I get volunTOLD to cook every week. After lunch there'll be a cake to celebrate this month's birthdays.

And the funny part is, you'd be surprised how many people will eat all of that PLUS their lunch they brought from home. It blows me away how much people will scarf down b/c it's free. There are no limits. Soon it'll be nap time cause the masses won't be able to move. LOL.

I've got my salmon filet to comfort me. :bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like there have been many successes over the weekend. I had one this morning, although I'm not sure it will last the whole day. I went to Panera for a bagel, and even though I was starving, I passed on getting the free pastry that's sitting on my My Panera card just waiting for me to enjoy it. I have a 1400 calorie surplus from this weekend of not really eating much, but I didn't want to use it on that.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Great stuff Bobbie!

My weekend success was the 200 pushups I did during commercials while watching the Ryder Cup on TV. I'm paying for it today though. My boobs are sore.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I did a fresh fruit fast yesterday and really rather liked it. It was kind of nice not to think about food all day since it was essentially already prepared.

1) Ate a light meal the night before: salmon and a pear & drank Chinese slimming tea (probably any slimming tea will work)
    2) Divided 2.2 lbs. of fresh apples, grapes, pears & oranges into 4 meals.

I liked it better than a juice diet because juice is an immediate rush of sugar with no fiber to keep you full.

I had one small slip-up. I made homemade pots of fresh beef barley soup and chicken noodle soup for coming off the fast. So, I did do some broth testing (4 spoons) and I had 1/2 piece of french bread with butter. IT WAS RIGHT THERE. :sad: I was buttering piece after piece for the kids. Anyway, I gave the other half to the lurking dogs. Funny how they never begged for the fruit.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Doesn't look like there have been many successes over the weekend. I had one this morning, although I'm not sure it will last the whole day. I went to Panera for a bagel, and even though I was starving, I passed on getting the free pastry that's sitting on my My Panera card just waiting for me to enjoy it. I have a 1400 calorie surplus from this weekend of not really eating much, but I didn't want to use it on that.

Very nice!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 1/7
    Tuesday, 2/7
    Wednesday, 3/7, talked myself out of happy hour and drinks. I ate 2 mini-peanut butter cups from Trader Joes and 2 kraft caramel squares. Still stayed within calories, so that was good.

Are there any other successes?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Madroch, when I was reading your story, I was thinking of the guy during the interview with gas. So, like, everyword they said had some resemblence to the fish. "Let's see the NET results" "This account is on the LINE"

Just think since you didn't put your hand in the bowl of goldfish, you didn't risk catching a viral thing. I had it last week and you DON'T want it.
  • MatrixDyke
    MatrixDyke Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So.. goldfish.... handfuls and handfuls of them.. are my downfall...

Nice work steerin clear of the fish tank! We have a candy bowl in the office that is my nemisis...the damn thing is on the corner of my desk and I must keep it full without consuming any of the contents. ::insert witty motivational phraze here::