starting over on the low carb diet

Options
jann34
jann34 Posts: 10 Member
five years ago i lost almost 100 pounds on the Atkins diet and went from a size 22 to a size 7 in less then a year , since then i have had three babies and almost a size 16 . I know all the fundamentals of the diet and have already started back up several times . I do really good for the first several weeks but when no weight comes off i get discouraged and binge , and back to square one . I just dont understand why it is so hard this time , last time the weight just started falling off , this time after 3 weeks i will loose a pound or too . Does anyone have any suggestions , with that being said i relize i was 26 then and 33 now which comes into play and being pregnant slows down you metabolizem :)

Replies

• MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    five years ago i lost almost 100 pounds on the Atkins diet and went from a size 22 to a size 7 in less then a year , since then i have had three babies and almost a size 16 . I know all the fundamentals of the diet and have already started back up several times . I do really good for the first several weeks but when no weight comes off i get discouraged and binge , and back to square one . I just dont understand why it is so hard this time , last time the weight just started falling off , this time after 3 weeks i will loose a pound or too . Does anyone have any suggestions , with that being said i relize i was 26 then and 33 now which comes into play and being pregnant slows down you metabolizem :)

If you're following Induction (20 net grams of carbs per day) you should see the weight come off. Rapidly in the beginning and then slower as the months go on. Maybe add in more fiber? Avoid processed foods? Avoid Atkins bars? I initally thought the weight was going to come off quickly and since starting Atkins in June I lost 19 pounds but that's only an average of 5.35lbs/month. It'll eventually come off! Good Luck.
  • jann34
    Options
    thx :), its nice to know im not the only one
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Your experience sounds a lot like mine (except for the babies part) .
    I was very successful on Atkins the 1st time I did it. Then I got slack and gained it back. Thought i could repeat my original Atkins experience but never could for a decade until this year.
    Perhaps if you read my profile and my blog you'll see something that connects for you.
  • jann34
    Options
    thx I will :)