Workout 7!

Options
Tomorrow I do workout 7. I am terrified! Tell me your experiences!

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    bite the bullet and get through it. 7 was hard for me because there is an all plank circuit. just remember why you came to that workout and PUSH THROUGH.
  • mamie01
    mamie01 Posts: 11
    Options
    I personally think Workout 7 is easier than 5 is, once you get past the first circuit. It is still an incredible arm workout and I still can't do a full range of motion on the crow pushups or plank ups to save my life! I can only do a couple on my feet then have to go to my knees, but would rather have my arms working than try to just hover in plank trying to go down :)
  • askthedust
    Options
    Yeah, I found 5 really difficult and stayed on 5/6 an extra week for that reason. I am actually weirdly good at plank stuff, but the cable movements scare me and I find them really challenging.

Does anyone else have trouble raising both legs straight in the air? It hurts my back :(
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I found Workout 7 challenging but doable. I have to do the crow pushups on my knees.
  • askthedust
    Options
    WOW. So I did workout 7 for the first time yesterday and it was haaaaaaaaaaard, but maybe because I was expecting torture, I was quite surprised that I didn't do worse...haha.

Some thoughts: That first circuit! Goodness. I used to be able to do crow pushups on my toes when I was doing RI30, but after trying a few, I had to go down on my knees. Hopefully I'll be able to do at least one set on my toes again soon. Is it strange that I like the plank walks?! The plank ups are usually my favourite exercise but not in this circuit, after all that arm work! I could also REALLY feel my chest working in this circuit.

I feel like I don't know how to use the cable properly for the tricep kickbacks - I could feel it more in my shoulders than my arms. I might switch to dumbbells, if I continue to feel like that. I also have to cheat a bit in the squats with the cables because my arms hurt sooooo badly when I hold them in 90 degrees. Also I was shaking so hard in boat pose!!!! My ab muscles were REALLY feeling that!

I liked the star jumps! In the last set, I couldn't bring my legs up while doing the chest press/flyes, but I held one leg out instead, so I can slowly build up to two. Oh and I had to do the one-legged pushups on my knees. I couldn't press down at all on my toes! Haha.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    one thing that helps me with push ups since ihad never been able to do one before this program is to get your arms wide out, it totally helps. that way you arent straining your wrists to get that 90 degree angle at your elbow, its easier and more natural when your arms are farther apart than they would be for a plank.
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Yes I agree about the arms wider during pushups. I'm still trying to do military style push ups the whole set but I'm getting there.
  • askthedust
    Options
    thanks for the tip, guys!
    does anyone else have trouble with those side planks?
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Yes! I feel like my shoulder is going to pop out of its socket when I do side planks! I need more upper arm strength! You could also try bending your lower leg to get more stability.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Last night was my first time doing wo7! It was a GREAT workout...almost psyched myself out because I was so nervous to do it.

I too could not complete the entire crow pushups. Can only do a few then drop to the knees. I liked the star ups too!

I didn't know the routine..so I hope I can up the intensity next time around. It always takes me a couple of times to get the routine down...

NSV today! I am so tired of wearing same suits to work..that I reached back into the closet for one I haven't worn in forever because it was just too tight! Size 6!! Slid the pants on....easily!! whoot whoot!! :flowerforyou: Can't wait to try on some of my other clothes I refused to let go of and see how they fit!! :laugh:
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Great NSV motivatedbride!
  • askthedust
    Options
    I just did workout 7 for the second time - I haven't been able to work out every day this week, because of work exploding and because I've been a bit under the weather. OWW my arms hurt as I type...haha.

A few notes:

- I could do one set of crow pushups on my toes! Yay!
    - That first circuit hurts my chest like no other!
    - I used weights for the tricep extensions because I can't figure out the right way to do it with a cable
    - The one-legged cross jumps I can do, but I have to switch legs more often than they do
    -Boat pose - AHHHH. My body LITERALLY quivers.
    - I can't use my heaviest weight in that move in the last set where you hold the weights above your shoulders. I use 5 lbs and even that is a struggle for me at the end of this workout. Anyone else?
    - I had to do the one-legged pushups on my knees.

Workout 8 tomorrow. Not looking forward to warrior 3 with weights!
  • askthedust
    Options
    Oh and the side planks are impossible for me, even with a bent lower leg. Sigh.
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Yup my body quivers in the boat pose too!

In the move where you use heavy above your shoulders, I do it heavy the first set then tier down to the 5's after. Burns like a mofo.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I can only use 5s for that quad exercise too.For some reason I can't lock my arms like she wants us to. I am proud to say though that I can now hold the boat pose-with straight legs even!- for the entire duration. Only took doing the workout 4 times lol.
  • Fitwam
    Options
    Back to workout 7 tonight...then plans are to complete workout 8 tomorrow! Game day tomorrow for the University I work! Will be in Prez box ...so lots of tempting foods and drinks there! It's all good! I rarely eat when I am working in the Prez box!

I am really starting to feel the muscles in my arms pop! Anyone else?

I am so jealous of all of you that can do the pushups correctly! I must be a whuz when it comes to that! But when she says heavy weights...I can usually get those no problem! Chest area seems good with strength...I guess I have none in the arms!! LOL
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Don't worry, I can't do push-ups all the way either. I can do a few military style now (which is a feat), then drop down to my knees.
    This is my my last time doing workout 7, but it's still hard, especially since I took a couple rest days this week. As simple as it seems, I can't do the jackknife crunches coz of my poor core strength and jacked up lower back. I do a few, then just do regular crunches.

I was debating on whether I should repeat workouts 7 and 8 since I haven't been consistent, but I feel like I might get bored of it like I'm bored of Cardio 2.
  • askthedust
    Options
    SweetD, we're in a very similar place in the program! I thought I would do WO7+8 for an extra week since I did that with 5+6 (And I am very glad I did) but I am VERY bored of Cardio 2 now (even though I think it's fun/wayyy better than Cardio 1 which I detested) Since I got sick, I won't finish at the same time as you though. I am not very good at the jack knife crunches either btw!

Motivatedbride, we all have our strengths and weaknesses! Plank work is my strong suit; anything with the cables and anything involving my lower core (like having legs in the air), I am terrible at!
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    I decided to just move on to Phase 3. I was much better at WO 8 than 7. I totally tried to do the last Cardio 2 workout but it annoyed me so I did other cardio instead for the same burn.

I'm excited but a little scared about WO 9 & 10!
  • Fitwam
    Options
    Did the workout 7 again last night! Last week of these two! whoot whoot!
    @askthedust...I LOVE :heart: the plank work too! And the boat pose .....and last night was able to crank out a few of the crow push ups before dropping and a few of the leg lifted up before dropping. I am feeling it in my arms today! bwahahahha

I am having a hard time netting above my bmr...especially these last two days. I did a double yesterday with 30 min on elliptical (my daughter wanted to run up to the gym to run on treadmill...couldn't refuse that mother/daughter bonding time) and then came home and did the workout 7 a little later. embarrassed to say what I netted yesterday...and that was throwing in a whey protein shake with low fat ice cream, greek yogurt and almond milk around 10 p.m.! :blushing:
    Is anyone else having this problem????