I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Options
Merci444
Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
I used to rely on convenience foods, all from the "health" food store, and I knew they were not the best but when I was overwhelmed or tired it was too easy (if my bf wasn't cooking for me)

I am actually sick now, and I just realized that if I didn't actually cook, I would not be able to eat anything. I dragged my sick *kitten* into the kitchen and made myself a wholesome meal. This wouldn't have happened before. I also have some bone broth leftover from early this week. Yay! Now I can heap around and do nothing except drink tea :)

Replies

• lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Love it!!! That's so great to hear. I am feeling the same way too, and now for me nothing beats a home-cooked meal. I hope you feel better very soon!! <3
  • sad0608
    sad0608 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, I am really enjoying it now. Last night I made Paleo meatloaf" faux mashed potatoes" and my husband and boys killed it all. I am adding more to calories with using mct oil more to get in my calories. The headaches for two days killed me, but I am focused. hope you get your voice back and have a great Sunday
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I felt so much better than usual yesterday after eating out with friends. Instead of feeling so stuffed and mad at myself for eating bad I felt full but great. Just ordered my burger with no bun and sweet potatoe fries, and skipped out on my usual cheese fries indulgence!
  • healthylife4kb
    Options
    I am really enjoying cooking the meals at home and all the new recipes to try. Most have been satisfying so far. I went out to eat on Friday for lunch and for dinner and it was a bit challenging especially dinner. I was at a German restaurant with German menu. I got the Sauerbrauten though which is thin cut beef with stewed cabbage and vegetables. It was harder to watch all my co-workers having that end of the week drink before and during the meal. :)