Hello, 3rd Week in Burn

Options
Heather1899
Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
Hi I just found this team! I am in my 3rd Week of Burn.
I started with 5, 8, and 10 pound weights. I just got adjustable Dumbbells last week so I can lift 15 and 20 pounds as well.
I was interested in learning...anything! Any advice.
I also really want to get Turbo Fire so was saving up for that next. Is that good?
I have a bunch of different dvds but discovered Chalean when I found 2 Turbo Fire dvds at a thrift shop for $3 each. Bought and loved them! Ironically ended up at a Turbo Kick class and loved that! But I was on vacation and those are only during the day/times I can't make it to class. So I looked online and found Chalean Extreme.
I pulled out a regular calendar for each month and am writing the workout I do each day on it. Sometimes I move the workouts around. Like Thursday I was supposed to do Burn It Off but I rode my bike instead. So Friday I did Burn Circuit 3 and will do the Burn it off friday. If that makes sense...

Replies

• gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Loved the Burn phase. I'm in the Push phase which has been a bit of an adjustment. I'm not following the schedule that comes with the package. I'm doing my own hybrid of the CLX strength workouts followed by a CLX ab workout 3x a week and, on alternate days, the Turbo Fire HIITs 2x to 3x per week followed by yoga. With one rest or just yoga day. I'm loving it. I think it's fine to create your own hybrid calendar.

As I was doing Push 2 today, I realized that Chalene is probably the best fitness instructor on video. Her form pointers are consistent and always when I need them most. She's just the best. Her workouts are my hands down favorites.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 of Burn tomorrow. Turbo fire is good, you can get it cheap from Amazon, I just ordered so I can have more cardio on lifting days. I'm trying to stick to her schedule and fill in extras of add'l cardio beyond what she has given I was pretty happy to see I have stuck with it ( even if it has only been two weeks) and can feel stronger/happier since starting. Now if I didn't hurt all the time, that would be a bonus!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have just recently started doing TurboFire as my cardio with ClaLean Extreme and love it. I eventually want to get Turbo Jam as well. She is just an awesome motivator and I actually look forward to my workouts instead of dreading them. love my adjustable weights too. It has made transitioning between moves so much easier. I also love the fact that I am not having to carry 4 different sizes of weights into the living room every day for working out. My adjustable weights have a nice little home in the corner of the living room.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
    I agree I LOVE Chalean!! I have so many dvds of other instructors and I just really look forward to doing these workouts. Like I remember in the summer I was alternating between some Jillian Micheals and Billy Blanks dvds every other day and every morning I DREADED my workout even though I workout late at night...I was readying DREADING it in the morning! I've had that with other dvds...so far I am almost a week from Push and I don't dread them!
    I semi follow her workout schedule though I like doing other things like skating sometimes on the weekends or taking Zumba classes and with time I can't do both that and a dvd. So I either don't take a rest day or I am not going to take 90 days to finish this program...more like 100+ and that is ok for me! Because it won't end after 90 days anyways...I'll still keep working out with something.
    Do you think that I could do Turbo Fire? I am still "overweight" I'm like 175-180 pounds (5 feet 7) and have heard that Turbo Fire is high impact or HITT or something with jumping...could I modify it so I am not jumping all the time?
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the last week of Push tomorrow, I've been lifting 8, 10, 15 and 20... wish I had heavier but i can't afford more free weights or the adjustables... I completed 14 weeks of TurboFire and absolutely loved it. I incorporate some HIITs into the CLX program because I like the intense cardio. I had some great results with TurboFire. It started giving me definition and crazy energy. I didn't lose a lot of weight but I lost inches. I think the program is fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone! I never looked forward to workouts more in my life. There is a girl that performs modified moves during all of the Turbo workouts so in my first month I had to often follow her because I just wasn't able to do all of the jumps... now when I do the HIIT workouts it's amazing how high I can jump! The workouts do not get easier, they still kick my butt, but it's amazing how much my endurance has improved! I plan on doing Insanity after CLX =)
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I also start my last week of PUSH tomorrow and lift up to 20lb....esp on my lower body. On my lifting days I usually do a little cardio but not much, because of time...I usually do the treadmill. On no lift days I do whatever I'm awake for in the am, either a TurobFire, treadmill or a stretch or ab routine and then sometimes take a step class at the Y....

I too love Chalene..

The push hasn't been my favorite as I feel that I am gaining back some of the inches that I had lost during the burn phase but we'll see...

If you are interested in cardio but feel you may not be 'ready' for TurboFire I would recommend turborjam.....it is similar but I think much lower impact....I tend to not feel like I'm getting much of a workout when I do TJ....
  • chojolitos
    Options
    Congratulation Ladies you are doing fantastic!!! This is also the last week of Push Phase for me so far I've been lifting 10, 15, 20 ,25 . I wish I had heavier weights too. I'm doing insanity program too to get better results but i love Chalean Extreme.
    Keep in touch Ladies:bigsmile:
    Sincerely, Vio