How much weight has SO gained?

Options
2»

Replies

• ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mine has gained 15 pounds. He was doing very well losing weight, then I got pregnant and decided ice cream every night sounded good! He is back on track again, and I am helping him this time.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mine has actually just started doing P90X and I think he's lost about 3-4 inches off his waist. I think it's fantastic that he's finally sticking to an exercise program.

On another note, he works as an ER nurse and his co-workers have told him that he should be gaining weight right along with me because "I shouldn't be gaining all this weight by myself". I told him not to listen to them and that I know that I'm gaining weight for a reason and he needs to be in good shape when the baby comes so that he can help me take care of it!
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't think mine gained any, but I will say I'm sure he delighted in first trimester when all I could stomach was pretty much junk. I normally cook things loaded with veggies, and he was just like a kid in a candy store every night I said, "You know I really don't feel like cooking. Let's eat McDonalds." I think, for a brief period for him, it was like being married to another woman.

I was just like this from weeks 4 to 11! I know my husband loved it because he loves to eat out. I just didn't have enough energy to take care of myself and a 3 year old, clean the house, and everything else I normally do. I don't know if my husband has gained any weight yet with this pregnancy, but he has gained probably 15 pounds since we had our 3 yo.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Mine has actually just started doing P90X and I think he's lost about 3-4 inches off his waist. I think it's fantastic that he's finally sticking to an exercise program.

On another note, he works as an ER nurse and his co-workers have told him that he should be gaining weight right along with me because "I shouldn't be gaining all this weight by myself". I told him not to listen to them and that I know that I'm gaining weight for a reason and he needs to be in good shape when the baby comes so that he can help me take care of it!

That is the most rediculous advice I have ever heard! Granted, I'd probably be a bit bitter if I was gaining and hubs was getting super fit, but to suggest he should pretty much let himself go for the duration of your pregnancy is silly! I'm glad you told him that is not necessary.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My husband has gained 10-15lbs since I got pregnant - I'm partly to blame, honestly. I will say I really want a frosty, and we'll go get a medium frosty and I'll have a few bites, then hand the rest to him.

He started back with MFP last week and has been great with his logging - his BP was high at his last doctor's appt and it's really bugging him. NOTHING in this world can motivate him to work out, though, but at least healthier eating is a good start.
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    My husband hasn't gained any weight. He is definitly the one with more symptoms/cravings than me! I am trying to eat healthy and he has to bring up McDonalds breakfast and wings and fries for dinner! ugh =) And when I say my back is bothering me, he has to find some part on his body that hurts too. Hilarious!

Oh man, my husband does that too. He also whines so much about how sick he is right now, when I basically had a cold my entire first trimester (and as we know can barely take anything to help feel better!)

He also claims to have cravings for things like cheese fries. Not sure how much of that is just him liking junk food though ;) So far he is the same weight. LOL.